Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Advantage
How fast is the 25 ft closed bow ? >

How fast is the 25 ft closed bow ?

Notices

How fast is the 25 ft closed bow ?

Old 04-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it act handles much better ! befor i got rid of that hook i would hav to trim it all the way with the rams on wrong ,giving it a lil more lift than now & it was damm scary at 72mph ! it feels more planted & dosnt have a loose feeling now that full trim is not as fast as 3/4 trim , i start to loose speed when i trim it up to much . it has been a great improvment in every way , idnw advantage & sea doo even do silly tricks like hooking the edge ? i hear that the 04s are the only rxps that had it & that may be true cus its talked about as (the slow hull) that first year of the rxp it went damm close to 70mph stock ! rumor had it there was an agrement not to make a stock ski that would go that fast ? as far as advantage , i hear that they didnt want to have to put xspensive trim tabs on there boats cuz with the hooked ends they didnt porpose ? my boat is less prone to porpose now that im not triming the heck out of it ! if you havent checked your victory or citation yet ? check it , remove it & enjoy the free speed & better handling with out looking back , iv done it , sounds like 575 did it mas well .
Old 04-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think my 03 32 Victory has a hook.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

A 4 foot straight edge will tell you for sure in a minute.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Registered

ar300 is rite , most of us have white hulls & just looking at mine i didnt see a frkn 3/4in hook ! it wasnt till i put a 4 ft level under mine before new i had a job on my hands . you mite be rite about that 32 victory as that was there off shore race hull & it came with trim tabbs & bob ,s @ advantage told me how it would spank the cigs , scarrabs & fountains back in the day : )
Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Registered

Not sure about spanking anyone, but this hull does like big water! Runs best in 1-2 footer. I do know that with the large forward cockpit, I wouldn't think they would need to add a hook to limit bowrise though. I'll check for sure, and may be surprised to find a hook.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Registered

did you look under your boat yet crownhog ? , i got a panflet for the 34 offshore last year from advantage ,i was there to pick up a carpet kit for my citation & bob s, was gana run some #s on trade n my boat in & get n a 34 offshore from a client that wanted to go back dwn to a victory 27. there were three modles in the panflet, the 32 was in it shown with race #s on it & it was catching sum major air ! on that page it claimed that 32 was the winningest class3 or c prodution hull , winning the apba championship in 97 & 98 , so yah it did spank some boats in its day ! how you didnt no that about the boat you own is odd, you should be proud of your victories victories ! : )
Old 04-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Registered

No, I haven't gotten a chance to check the boat. I'm away on business and won't be back to the lake for a couple more weeks. I knew all about the 32 being a offshore race hull, and yes it did win quite a bit of races back in the day. Years ago though! Anyway, as soon as I get a chance I will definitely put a level to the hull and check it out.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by keiths advantage
it act handles much better ! befor i got rid of that hook i would hav to trim it all the way with the rams on wrong ,giving it a lil more lift than now & it was damm scary at 72mph ! it feels more planted & dosnt have a loose feeling now that full trim is not as fast as 3/4 trim , i start to loose speed when i trim it up to much . it has been a great improvment in every way , idnw advantage & sea doo even do silly tricks like hooking the edge ? i hear that the 04s are the only rxps that had it & that may be true cus its talked about as (the slow hull) that first year of the rxp it went damm close to 70mph stock ! rumor had it there was an agrement not to make a stock ski that would go that fast ? as far as advantage , i hear that they didnt want to have to put xspensive trim tabs on there boats cuz with the hooked ends they didnt porpose ? my boat is less prone to porpose now that im not triming the heck out of it ! if you havent checked your victory or citation yet ? check it , remove it & enjoy the free speed & better handling with out looking back , iv done it , sounds like 575 did it mas well .
Good to know. I think that might be next on my list is to get the bottom straightened out. Not sure if it will happen this year or not though.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Registered

Checked the hull this weekend and my 32 Victory doesn't have any hook in it. Straight as an arrow!