Lh or rh rotation!!!! >

Lh or rh rotation!!!!

Notices

Lh or rh rotation!!!!

Old 06-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lh or rh rotation!!!!

I posted this question on the prop talk, and have researched older forums, but our boats are a little different. Has anyone switched from rh rotation to lh rotation prop on a victory 28? I read where there are different leaning issues but my boat doesn't lean at all. Just looking for a couple mph and also read that its possible by going to a lh. Anyone that can help with past experience?
Old 06-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Registered

i had a 99 27 victory ...same bottom i think..mine didn like a left hand it ran faster wit right hand..
Old 06-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

My 28 was set up at the factory LH rotation. I was told by Bob@Advantage that it runs faster that way. Mine however will not go strait ahead at idle. I have to constantly correct it. I have a RH prop identical to the LH and I am going to put it on soon to see if it corrects the wondering at idle and will see if top end is any different. Will post the results.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info guys. I found a good deal on a lh prop & Bob told me the same thing about the lh. My 28 wonders at idle also, interested to see if its worse with the lh. I think Im going to go ahead & get it & try it out. Gotta build a selection of props sometime huh!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I switched to a LH on my boat (not an Advantage) due to a lean to port. It did seem to correct the lean.

How many hours on your drive? I ran a LH 4 or 5 times and had a catostrophic drive failure. Coincidence? I don't know. My drive had 180 hours on it with a RH prop. I've heard people say that they switch drives (on a twin) so they wear evenly? The drive did have a tooth broken off the LH forward gear and broke a stud off the top cap.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Registered

Thats not good!! My drive has 300hrs on it. I changed the fluid at 260 & looked close at it, looked fine. Im either lucky or it's about to happen. I can see how you have a pattern worn on the gears & then you create a new patern **** could go south. I have built hundreds of rear axles in trucks & understand the "patern" stuff, but have never tore into a lower unit. Guess we will see when it happens!!