The 32s at WOT >

The 32s at WOT

Notices

The 32s at WOT

Old 07-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default The 32s at WOT

I have been looking real hard at the 32; love the 4 bolsters! It seems to me that this boat is a stylish compromise between a haul ass big boy toy and a weekender to share with the old lady, and a cruiser to take out the whole fam damily. I take it that it is fast because it is light for a 32, yet one can put 7 or so in the cockpit and still have a cabin for weekending, although someone mentioned the cabin is small. So those are my assumptions: fast, 7 ppl cockpit, cabin comfortable enough to sleep in. I wanted to give y'all the opportunity to comment on my evaluation of this boat and set me straight if need be.

In particular I have seen more than one ad referencing 80 mph or more in this boat powered by the stock 496 HOs. Now one does not have to spend more that just a minute browsing through the ads of other boats, ie. Donzi, Nordic to realize that is really, really fast for a stock boat of that size with the 496HOs. My question to the assembled sages here is: Is there possibly a wee bit of exageration here? What would you think is typical of an average 32 with 496HOs, set up stock? Really appreciate y'all letting me pick your brains.

Michael

Last edited by Michaeloh59; 07-19-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No sure about the cabin, I have a MCOB.. Best speed I have seen was 78.6 with 6 people and full fuel .. I think 85 is possible with the right conditions.. I used a hand held GPS as my speedo is not working.. I am sure I have been in the 80's a few times .. My Boat is all stock, Labbed props ..
Old 07-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did say over 80, but my HOs are not exactly stock(425hp). I had a good friend from TX, Bob Lloyd at Full Throttle Marine turn my stock 496 Mags in to semi stock HOs. Although I'm not running BIG power, they are a little more potent than stock. I went from around 74-75 to 81 with the increased hp. I had Dustin Whipple do the flash on the ECMs and he offered 3 different tunes, I went for the middle tune (which is said to be around 440-450) since I didn't want to rely on premium fuel. Other than that, yes these boats are capable of 80 plus with modest power. I only wish my wallet could support blue motors! From your description of what you want, you're on the right track with the Victory.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

32 has a nice hull. Really 80 MPH isn't that fast for twin HO's. My old 32 did 80 just fine. My 28 with a 575 will do a bit better than 80 MPH and it's a single engine with 23 degree hull. Check the hull on the 32. Make sure its straight with minimal hook. That will really tell how she'll run. 32 is a great boat