Notices

chech this out

Old 09-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow those are some big numbers!! Hey chrome what compression did you say my motors were? I talked to Scotty Cannon about bolting on some 8-71's. BDS says with 9:1 compression and 6lbs of boost I should make 750-800hp. I need to do something, last day out I got spanked by a fountain, and I mean spanked!!! I was running right at 100 and he was walking my ass with 6 or 7 people standing up through sunday afternoon cruiser soup!!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Let's tell the whole story. it was a 29 Fountain with twin 900's
Old 09-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not quite your average fountain there... .amazing he could keep it stable to run that fast.....

those motors were built to be 9:1, but we didn't cc the heads so I'd say they are 8.8:1 or 8.9:1 some smarter engine guys might have a better guess, but they are definately less than 9:1 motors...

I would think that is conservative hp numbers with those engines. If it were me I would look at a whipple 3.3 with intercooler, that way you aren't gaining a bunch of height to worry about with the deck, also I think they work a little better overall. the initial price of the whipple kit looks higher, but after you peice the other roots types together the money isn't much different, the whipple kits include everything and the other guys sell you a piece at a time and it adds up big time.

Don

Last edited by chromecat; 09-17-2008 at 10:37 PM.