Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > American Offshore
Where the AO guys at? >

Where the AO guys at?

Notices

Where the AO guys at?

Old 06-19-2002, 01:13 AM
blowncarrera777

I had a guy call me who said he was selling his 2001 AO26. He said he had to have his boat rebuilt, bad from factory. Also said AO's have a problem with cracking stringers in front of motor and that some had blown holes in boat up front where sponson meets top curve ?????? any one heard of this????

Old 06-19-2002, 10:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Never heard of it nor have seen any AO do it.

I did it once to a different brand boat, but it was my fault. Lost control of it during a sanctioned circle race and spun out.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I have 470 horse at the crank. My best to date is 78.7 on GPS. I have been spiining big wheels(borrowed) due to the fact that I don't want to dial this engine in with the right prop because I have a blower ready as soon as I get done remodeling my house!! I think with the right prop I would be right at 80.....who knows?!! I think that if some one had problem with there AO it must have been self inflicted!! They are very well built boats!! And like I mentioned earlier the factory support in exceptional!!! Sign4boat and I both run Lake Cumberland. I always see him with the tube out!!! He has a really nice boat, very well taken care of and FAST TOO! As far as the NSX goes....They are nice and I do like the interior a little more because of the extra room but I like the sleeker look of the 2600.
Old 06-19-2002, 05:09 PM
blowncarrera777

Thanks ittllfli. I was hoping it wasnt contagoues, maybe just a bad one out of a lot. Glad you all seem to be so happy with your AO's. Gives me the warm and fuzzy back. OK sign4 get in touch with me and send some pics and more info. I'm interested so far. Thanks

Old 06-19-2002, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the pics on my site,you might like them. I am the one who took ITLLFLI on his 26 ride. Still waiting for him to go racing!
My Dad and I raced the 26 for 2 years and have to say the boat can take it. Ask the guys on Angle 1 Rescue how far we launched it at Corpus.
We haven't raced this year do to lack of funds (we ran out of money). Finished 2nd at the Nationals and Worlds 2000 and 2nd again at the 2001 Nationals. What do you have to do to get a sponsor? Bring home the big one....Stay tuned

Rob
www.xtremedreammachines.com
Old 06-19-2002, 11:56 PM
pimpthis.com
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 1998 2600, procharged 454 7psi. No complaints here. Love it.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:26 AM
blowncarrera777

where is my AO? who has it? sign4 is it you?

Old 06-20-2002, 10:48 PM
toonatime

Sign4boat send to me [email protected] ask for SKY..What is beam on 26AO..8'6 is all my barn will take..
I'm right here in Atlanta..

Old 06-25-2002, 12:02 AM
blowncarrera777

OK sign I,m checkin each hour. Guess I,m Hooked on AO.

Old 06-25-2002, 09:26 PM
FASTCATS

Smile Hi BlownCarrera

I have a 20 AO at the shop and it is ready, new and has your name on it if you want. How soon do you want to be boating?

As for the guy that called trying to sell his boat and had stringers breaking apart in front of the engine, ... it's pretty hard to do with them attached to a bulkhead. To my knowledge, it hasn't happened yet. Besides, it's gonna be pretty hard to sell a boat if he continues to talk down about it. So far as I know there are only two that had cracking problems. (1) a guy stuffed a 26 in 6' seas and yes it had some damage, what wouldn't, (2) a tree fell on top of a guys boat from storm damage, he even sent me a copy of the bill, it wasn't bad considering a tree fell on it!

Rainforest persons need not reply, I didn't cut the tree down, and no animals were used for testing purposes!

Give me a call or email!

Scott

FastCats

Last edited by FASTCATS; 06-25-2002 at 09:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Where the AO guys at?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.