school me on american offshore >

school me on american offshore

Notices

school me on american offshore

Old 06-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default school me on american offshore

what years are good and to stay away from? i may trade my 38zx donzi for a 99 32ft american offshore cat. with fresh 900's....anything i should watch out for? thanks guys
it has paul pfaff engines, xr drives and sportman lowers

Last edited by prostock3; 06-01-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anything after 94 is good......i believe that boat had a bad motor?? i called on it when i was looking about a year ago...if it is purple and the boat im thinking of it was kinda rough when good pics are taken and i herd the motors need to be gone thru.....im not hating on the boat ive had (2) 26ft AO's and both were great boats
Old 06-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Registered

make sure the gas tanks dont leak. great boats.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by prostock3
what years are good and to stay away from? i may trade my 38zx donzi for a 99 32ft american offshore cat. with fresh 900's....anything i should watch out for? thanks guys
it has paul pfaff engines, xr drives and sportman lowers
Sounds like Rich Tomlinson's boat. I spoke to him and he said one motor needs rebuilding but that was last year. He might have it fixed by now...

The AO was designed and built as a raceboat so it's very good in rough water. From what I hear it doesn't need much positive trim to run fast. Keep the bows just below the waterline on the horizon and you should be good.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Sounds like Rich Tomlinson's boat. I spoke to him and he said one motor needs rebuilding but that was last year. He might have it fixed by now...

The AO was designed and built as a raceboat so it's very good in rough water. From what I hear it doesn't need much positive trim to run fast. Keep the bows just below the waterline on the horizon and you should be good.
not nessary a good rough water boat.....in rough water you will get wet and i wouldnt put it in big water...imo
Old 06-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by greencard
make sure the gas tanks dont leak. great boats.
X2 I'm fixing a 26 with leaking gas tanks right now. We are putting 2 tanks in instead of one big one.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MrSneakAttack
not nessary a good rough water boat.....in rough water you will get wet and i wouldnt put it in big water...imo
Have you ever ridden in an AO in 3-5s? That's the water it was designed to run in.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Have you ever ridden in an AO in 3-5s? That's the water it was designed to run in.
yes i have riden in 31ao's.....maybe i didnt explain clearly......its lake boat...some dont consider 3fters to a rough water.....the boat doesnt do well in rollers on a big lake or bay....31's that were made in mid 90's porpiose alot.....some people had to move the motors forward.....even with that being said and depending on where you boat the AO's are the best bang for the buck.... IMO
Old 06-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by MrSneakAttack
yes i have riden in 31ao's.....maybe i didnt explain clearly......its lake boat...some dont consider 3fters to a rough water.....the boat doesnt do well in rollers on a big lake or bay....31's that were made in mid 90's porpiose alot.....some people had to move the motors forward.....even with that being said and depending on where you boat the AO's are the best bang for the buck.... IMO

Maybe your knowledge of that hull design are not cutting edge.
Sure here in OSO are lot of knowledge and history of that hull design.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by shootitup
Maybe your knowledge of that hull design are not cutting edge.
Sure here in OSO are lot of knowledge and history of that hull design.
lay it out for me....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.