Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > American Offshore
Looking to buy!!!! >

Looking to buy!!!!

Notices

Looking to buy!!!!

Old 10-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rotax454, I try to look at situations from all sides. The way I take it, the condition of the boat wasn't accurately described. I can't see anyone making a long trip, presumably in a vehicle capable of towing a boat home, just to kick the tires and walk away. Obviously something dramatic changed his plans. Like I stated, I also suffered too many wasted trips, only to find the boat misrepresented and heard the usual excuses, ie , "Oh, they all crack there". " I just spilled oil there " , " Its always had that little engine noise" etc. Granted
sometimes the problems were small and easily repairable but spoke volumes about the honesty and integrity of the seller.
It's not up to the seller to decide what's important to the buyer or considered normal wear and tear. The buyer should accurately describe his article and let the purchaser decide if that's what he wants. I looked at the ads for the Cat and no where did I find any mention of any issues, even the ones admitted by the owner. Great looking boat though, lots of potential.

I'm not entirely sure if a person knows of a boat or whatever for sale ,that he honestly believes has issues, that he should keep it a secret. Forums are for sharing info, good and bad. I'm sure if bigboss found the boat straight and in great shape but just couldn't make a deal for other reasons, and spread the word about great it was, there would be no complaints.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phil assuming those are recent pictures, she looks really nice. The boat is priced right as well. I am sure you will have her sold in the very near future... And bigboss, I have a feeling one day (most likely while watching a 100mph cat blowing by you and your Hustler) you may find yourself second guessing your decisions. Haha! Good luck to both...

And BB, take it easy on the bashing. You will want to sell a boat someday too!