Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > American Offshore
american notshore >

american notshore

Notices

american notshore

Old 11-05-2002, 07:19 AM
merlin540

THE DRAMA CONTINUES!!! boy this sure kills the resale of and ao.

Old 11-05-2002, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After being out of this loop for the past week I know why I couldn't sell a boat at the Ft. Lauderdale show.
We have been busting our asses for American Offshore for the last year plus I have been racing the boat with my Dad for the last 3 years and still to this day have not gotten one penny from AO or sold a boat.

But I am not giving up...I have worked too hard and long. I've got some real good stories on everyone but all I want to do is sell some boats so I can go racing!!!

Hot Boat did some photo shots of the boat at the show so AO will be represented well in the up-coming issue.

Rob
Old 11-05-2002, 06:55 PM
Blackhawkdn

Fast Eddie; How can you say all you want to do is help when you keep throwing rocks at the previous owners who bought the company from you. What the gain for you or AO if the pot keeps getting stired, it bad enough Scott screwed some people over, and you have stated Art is trying to rectify the problem, so why do you keep beating on it, does this make you fell better or what enough said , lets be constructive from here on out

Old 11-05-2002, 08:31 PM
Registered

BLACKHAWKDN
Your were the one missinformed "see post 39" I was just telling you how it was.........This is what shameless says some people did not do for him.....So if one tells it how it is, then are they throwing rocks???????
Old 11-05-2002, 08:31 PM
Registered

BLACKHAWKDN
Your were the one missinformed "see post 39" I was just telling you how it was.........This is what shameless says some people did not do for him.....So if one tells it how it is, then are they throwing rocks???????
Old 11-05-2002, 10:17 PM
Registered

Ed I just noticed you were on the board. Did not know it was you. I used to hang around your shop when you had it in Grove. I was good friends with Brad Williams. We were the ones that were going to build the 20ft v-bottom. I still have that mold. If anyone knows Ed he built the best built cat for the money period. I have noticed your boats are more desired than the later cats that art has built. Brad and I were over by your old shop two-weeks ago going to the mexican restaurant. Do you still own the property.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:44 PM
shameless kitty

I have been out of town for a couple days so I'm catching up. What I said ed was some people had knowledge of some problems and didn't say anything about the product.
I refered in no way to anyone slamming Art who seems to be trying to straighten this out, of which I appreciate. I also appreciate what you are doing to help. I personally thank you.
But whatever your opinions were/are of you selling the business, this is not a time to ball bust them, as it seems they and you are trying to help right the ship.
Lets all work together here and help make AO a viable or sellable business for whoever is standing up and taking part in fixing this. ALso thanks to the guys at the shop. Just my 02 cents which is about all I have left right now.

Old 11-06-2002, 12:41 AM
dinick

" Et Tu Brutis" uttered Caesar as he stumbled to the ground after being stabbed by his friend Brutis. Today I now say "you too Ed"

How many more of you want to plunge the knif of death into American Offshore and what do you stand to gain by doing so? Certainly you do not increase the value of your boat.

As you know American Offshore was purchased from Ed Ferro in Janurary of 1999 by Art & Steve. Why does Ed Ferro want to pubicly bash the ones who bought the business from him in good faith, paid him his money promptly, and gave him no grief. If he didn't want to sell the business to us, why did he take our money.

We purchased all the assets and rights to build and market Cats being marketed under the name American Offshore or American Offshore Powerboats. Yes Steve and Art didn't agree on a lot of things but how many brothers do? We treated our customerd fairly and were always there for them.

The rights and assets of American Offshore were sold to Scott Hutchinson on April 5,2001. Art and Steve never received as much as one dollar payment from Scott Hutchinson and he has defaulted on all his obligations under the purchase agreement.

Cause No 02CV0252 was filed in June 2002 against Scott Hutchinson in the district Court of Galveston County Tx 212 th Judicial District. The Judge refused to hear the case at that time and set a court date for October 2003. Our attornies have been trying with no avail to get an earlier court date.

Scott hutchinson has abandoned the business but refuses to admit default. He has failed to show up at the shop or pay his employees since September 17, 2002. On or about October 16, I hired an an attorney and sized some of the records of Scott Hutchinson and Powerboats America Inc. I learned that he had taken deposits for several boats but there was little to show for them. He also owes considerable amounts to suppliers.

I am an honest person and have never taken a penny from anyone that was not due me. I felt that customers had been cheated. I do not want the name of American Offshore to suffer because of the actions of Scott Hutchinson. As I said earlier, I have been trying to gain back control of American Offshore through our legal system. I can testify that Justice truly is blind.

In order to minimize the economic hardship on these customers I have retained the services of the three key employees as independent contractors. I am paying them out of my pocket to finish up the works in progress to the fullest extent possible with the materials available at the shop. I have limited resources and am trying to minimize the epences out of my pocket wwhile supplying as much as possible of the boats ordered from Scott Hutchinson. I have to still feed my family.

Please be patient. I am doing the best I can. Bashing me or American Offshore is only biting the hand of the one who is trying to feed you.

Old 11-06-2002, 07:40 AM
Rick252

I tried and tried to get ahold of Scott for info on A/O, but he would never return calls or e-mails. Only info I got was from Merlin540.
I guess I should be thankful for that

Old 11-06-2002, 01:13 PM
merlin540

the proud owners of a american offshore power boat thank you and i hope that you can get it together. steve was a lot of help to me when i rerigged my 1997 31ao it went from 104 gps to 126 gps i guess thats enough said. people will buy this great product if only you could get a solid dealer network with a good floorplan and promt completion dates.

Quick Reply: american notshore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.