Notices

I got booted from Speedwake

Old 01-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: I got booted from Speedwake

Originally Posted by ApacheCarl
Hiya wannabe

Wheres Milford Michigan ????? Just wondering.

Carl
Just north west of Detroit- home of Sterling Motors BTW.

We're about 45 minutes from Lk St. Claire.

Grand Haven is about a 3 hr drive.

wannabe
Old 01-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabe
Just north west of Detroit- home of Sterling Motors BTW.

We're about 45 minutes from Lk St. Claire.

Grand Haven is about a 3 hr drive.

wannabe

Living by Sterling has got to be any offshore boaters dream

I'm a little shocked by all the personal attacks by the peanut gallery in this thread...................
Old 01-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Behave you know you need TONTO when you fence online, or a chubby plumber when you are in person messing with people. I watched you pay with them boys it was interesting but I always go back to a comment Mr. Adams told me years ago "You can't win an argument with a retard because they have no sence of reason". Good luck I can only help fence at night, Steve.

Last edited by Nykamp; 01-09-2006 at 07:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I posted on that topic early on that I was surprised it made it that long w/o being locked down. Jeff never addressed that, so I just figured it had more to do with Jeff's kindness towards Jay at 1st. It was 'interesting' at 1st with Jay talking about buying the hull and finishing it.
Gotta admit, being banned because of using the words fake and joke seemed alittle childish. For lack of better words.
But, it's Jeffs sight to do as he pleases, and the regulars there prefer that atmoshpere. Many of the regs there, are regs here.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Registered

Thought it was all good ... but those personal attacks on that defenseless Hull ....
Old 01-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by woogie
Thought it was all good ... but those personal attacks on that defenseless Hull ....

Actually it wasn't a personal attack on the hull, the hull is an innocent bystander. It was a personal attack on a company, which really isn't a personal attack. Its more like a public service annoucement. Plus having the 2 Steves and Cashbrain in the post I couldn't resists. So there I was casting a few pearls of wisdom to a couple of intellectual swine wallowing in there abysmal pit of ignorance and I get accused of personal attacks. Shocking I tell you, just shocking.

I'm really a bad person.

P.S. Your right US1 Fountain, its Jeff's website, and he can make the rules.

Last edited by ApacheCarl; 01-09-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bottom line is it had the potential to be a great boat under another name and ownership. I don't blame them for attempting the name hijacking because I for one know how difficult it is to sell a boat with no name that hasn't been built regardless of your abilities and where the molds came from.

Beau
Old 01-10-2006, 01:49 AM
Registered

What the HELL are you doing going to another site and NOT telling me so I can back you up

There is a couple of ways to look at this whole thing. If you want to go fast in a raceboat today, you need to be in a Fountain or a Donzi; and more so in a Fountain, because Mr. Fountain constantly tweaks the bottoms of his boats. Now, isn't that what racing's all about, constantly improving the product to go faster. Donzi is constantly improving their product also. But, let's also look at how "offshore" racing has changed, it is no longer a race from Miami to Bimini and back, it is a circle track race. The boats are built alot lighter than they used to be and go ALOT faster than they used to and have become disposable. You don't see ex-raceboats being converted to pleasureboats any more because they are used up for the purpose that they were designed for, to win races. Now alot of the technology spills over into the pleasureboat market and gives use faster pleasureboats.

The other way to look at this is that if you build a "buttet-proof" hull that can take whatever Poisiden dishes out, it is going to take a ton of horsepower to make the thing run good speed numbers.

Now some of us choose to own a boat that is a little heavier than others, but gives us a better ride in the rough stuff and will stay together year after year. And, yes we just might LIKE the sound of a well tune super-charged large cubic inch engine.

And BTW, I don't "wrap my a$$ in fiberglass", it's kevlar and carbon fiber.

Bubba
Old 01-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Registered

Thanks Wannabe!
I dont agree with getting banned for that but hey its not my site and nor am I a moderator over there.
Just an end user like you are.

I contacted the broker on the hull and they are holding firm at 50 grand with no MSO on it and no "apache" name to go with it. I said well Ill wait and see what happens, 50 grand for a hull that needs about 2 years of weekend warrior work to finish it, Ahhh no, I see that as a loss of boating for 2 years for an untested piece no not me thanks. If they were talking in the teens to 20's range I might bite, I would love to finish it!!!! See what the hell it would do. But I would have to start up a company and issue an MSO for the boat through the USCG, go through all that mess just to put a hull ID of whatever on it. Lots of extensive paper work for one hull, worth it but not at the 50 grand mark. I dont have THAT much expendable cash laying around on taking a "chance" on something. I was going to talk to John Arruda tomorrow about how he would set it up, with a pair of older speedies or stick with 6's without question. (thats what we were going to do at the "fake" apache, dry 6's with cobra 1250's staggered in it)
Found a few 900, 800-850 and a few 750 sc's that would make her run pretty good. Steve Koss was a wealth of information on how to set it up but his time is paid in gold bricks. (quality deserves the coin) So I would take all the advice I could get and set it up the best I could. (might have someone else cut the transom for me though, last thing I would need is an OOPS)
Arruda does alot of the Nor Tech cats and stuff for the turbines so I would ask him to cut it.
(better safe than sorry) rest is just alot of back breaking labor really. RChevelle71 volunteered his help so I figured about 2 years give or take to get er done!
Well I feel bad you got booted from there. It had nothing to do with me let me be up front about that, it was a decision they made and I was no where near involved in any of it.
So dont piss off the OSO gods or your boned Carl!

Robert, how goes it my friend?

Jason
Old 01-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Registered

Apache Pete
I got the chance to watch the video you gave Nykamp recently and I have to tell you, well done! The frames where you and Carl are running for a long time side by side off Grand Haven is beautiful. I would be willing to bet that very few on this site have seen that and everyone would like to. Why not give everyone a taste. Either way both boats looked awesome in some great lake mich water. Makes me want to go out the next nice (50 degree) day and pound some winter waves. NK

Quick Reply: I got booted from Speedwake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.