Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Who's Apache' for sale in SCS, MI ? >

Who's Apache' for sale in SCS, MI ?

Notices

Who's Apache' for sale in SCS, MI ?

Old 04-29-2006, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who's Apache' for sale in SCS, MI ?

I never went to look at it but was told by a few it was in my range but the bravo's on that thing kept me from even calling.
Like trying to move the QE2 on a bravo, Konrad or #3a SSM would be my choice but That and the gimbals ect would have all together put me way over budget so I kept looking and found the one I just bought.
If you are looking at that for 65 and looking at 40 grand in engines, and 25-30 grand in drives and gimbals, Look at Wes's boat. Its in that range and you will have 6's and great powerplants. Just an idea.
J

Last edited by Jayl13; 04-29-2006 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Jayl13
I never went to look at it but was told by a few it was in my range but the bravo's on that thing kept me from even calling.
Like trying to move the QE2 on a bravo, Konrad or #3a SSM would be my choice but That and the gimbals ect would have all together put me way over budget so I kept looking and found the one I just bought.
If you are looking at that for 65 and looking at 40 grand in engines, and 25-30 grand in drives and gimbals, Look at Wes's boat. Its in that range and you will have 6's and great powerplants. Just an idea.
J

What a great idea !

Thanks for the plug Buddy !!
Old 04-30-2006, 07:22 AM
Registered

NP Wes, Just if you have to do an interior, replace engines, and drives and gimbals more or less you are buying a shell for 70 (seems they want more than 65 or the offer would not have been turned down) so that being said, you will pay more for redoing this boat than buying yours. If hydro cruiser wanted a race boat, thats a different story but seems the pleasure versions are few and far between and for the money, yours has a reputation built already, has 6's (YUMMY DRIVES) SC engines and is all there on a myco with a drive guard. Think about that.
In this particular case, for the money that they are asking for this boat, and seeing what Hydrocruiser put up about redoing this and that so on and so on, better dollars are spent on one that is already done with the best drives available.
Unless there is another reason someone might really want this particular boat I see the $ being put into it being alot.
Thank GOD I got mine when I did for the $. Yeah ill be sinking $ into mine for a while but not this much. HEHEHEHE Mine came with #3a drives so I cant complain and 850sc stotlers in a staggered setup which seems awesome to alot of people I have talked to. I guess its rare to have a staggered setup on a pleasure apache??? Regardless I am happy with my purchase and the $ I spent. Just DYING to go pick it up next saturday, would have been this saturday but UPS lost the damn check. GRRRRRRRR
Never depend on UPS for anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My advice for the day!
J
Old 04-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Registered

Have a buddy that had wood for it last year but finally walked after doing the math. Surprized to see its still for sale. Would still make someone a good project at the right price... keep on them and maybe they will figure it out. As I remember there was some ? about Kelvar/Carbon fiber hull? They really talk it up in their ads ....

"Heart-Racer" is a "One-off" one of a kind. ORIGINALLY OFFERED AT $125,900 AND RECENTLY REDUCED TO BE LIQUIDATED AT $99,900!! She was built custom for her original owners. She has the lineage of a thoroughbred race horse and is built with composite Kevlar and Carbon-fiber. This Apache is powered by a pair of 502 Mercruiser I/O's with "Littlefield" superchargers, dyno'd at 650 hp each. She sports the more "bullet-proof" Mercruiser "XR" drives, that along with the engines, received updates 80 hours ago. She has spent time at Mercury's Lake-X test facility in Florida for performance testing and has always been a freshwater boat. We will consider trades on this "One-of a-kind"! A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO OWN A CUSTOM OFFSHORE CUSTOM BUILT FOR A CELEBRITY!!
Old 04-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Registered

Yeah and Lake X has been closed for what, 2 years now?
THink about that
Old 05-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Registered

If anyone is considering purchasing this boat and converting it to a 3, 3a, 4, 5, or 6 boat, PLEASE check to see that you have room between the forward bulkhead in the bilge (firewall bulkhead, as I call it) and the front of the engines that are currently in, to move the engines forward about a foot to accomadate the tranny. Why not convert it to a "ACE" drive boat with 850's. Isn't the "ACE" drive a shiftable drive without a tranny?

Trust me on this, the cost of buying the boat is the least expensive part of buying a "project" APACHE. I have twice as much in my boat for the re-do than I paid for it, and I paid a premium for the boat itself. And I still want to put extension boxes on it and drysump drives (another $65,000), killer stereo, some custom cabinets in the "cabin", some cool accent lighting, flat sunpad hatches, maybe change the paint a little, get a intercom system that works (NautiKitty), etc., etc., etc.

Oh, BTW, Lake X didn't close, it just moved a little North.

Robert
Old 05-03-2006, 01:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You know, for a Hillbilly, you sure do things the right way.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Robert,
the Konrad ACE has a tranny, it's just in the extension boxes.

and the hillbilly comment is pretty funny
Old 05-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonto

Trust me on this, the cost of buying the boat is the least expensive part of buying a "project" APACHE. I have twice as much in my boat for the re-do than I paid for it, and I paid a premium for the boat itself. And I still want to put extension boxes on it and drysump drives (another $65,000), killer stereo, some custom cabinets in the "cabin", some cool accent lighting, flat sunpad hatches, maybe change the paint a little, get a intercom system that works (NautiKitty), etc., etc., etc.

Oh, BTW, Lake X didn't close, it just moved a little North.

Robert

is that why your boat is at Cheif

jr Mike
Old 05-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Registered

Yeap, staying on top of the maintenance and adding a few little trinkets

Robert

Quick Reply: Who's Apache' for sale in SCS, MI ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.