Im Ready!!!!!!!!!

Notices

Im Ready!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Re: Im Ready!!!!!!!!!

So tomorrow is the big day for the maiden voyage! I am sure that you won't sleep at all tonight. Best of luck and don't forget to take lots of pictures for us!
Old 06-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Im Ready!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
So tomorrow is the big day for the maiden voyage! I am sure that you won't sleep at all tonight. Best of luck and don't forget to take lots of pictures for us!

Change of Plans, SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY 11 AM Delray Beach FL ramp!
TheDonz had something come up and we had to change the day to Sunday which is fine, Ill be out tomorrow mounting my GPS unit in the apache, getting my docking lines all nicely laced on the back of the bolsters, new anchor line, Life vests, give it a bath since only thing I have cleaned is the bilge with the pressure washer so far, so this will give me a day to clean her up a little bit and get some wax on her I hope if it is not too stupid insane hot out (which im sure it will be) So I have to wait an extra 24 hrs, I wont die from it.
I think I am going to start the engines up on the hose at the storage yard though, make sure the batteries are okay and that she runs okay. Oh Mama, I have worked my hump to the bone for this day!!!!! Will, you KNOW what im talkin about, Go collect some bird feathers and make a head dress baby IM GONNA BE A TRIBAL MEMBER ON SUNDAY
This is what its all about, Also Ill clear a video tape and the camera memory, Ill have some video and some stills on Monday for you guys!
Have to SHARE the apache experience with my friends here!
WOOHOO
J
Old 06-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Registered

Hey BIll, interested in meeting up with us on Sunday by chance?
What do you think?
J
Old 06-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Banned

Good luck Jay, waiting to hear about a great maiden voyage. I know how exciting that first run is.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Registered

Jay -

Never met you but I've been following the story since you first had all the trouble with the Baja....seems like a LONG time...

Dude! I'm stoked for you !!!!

You and Mike behave yourselves on Sunday

All the best,
Hans
Old 06-02-2006, 08:56 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Jay I will not get the boat back until Monday from the paint shop. Have fun the day is all yours
Old 06-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

One more day! I know that it's killing you! We are heading out again this Sunday as well. I'll run a lap up the coast to Delaware and back in you honor! Nothing like waking up everybody on the beach on a nice quiet Sunday! Once again, good luck and enjoy the day. You have waited a long time and you certainly deserve it!
Old 06-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Registered

Joe, NO worries you KNOW ill be on here the SECOND I walk in the door!!!
Fred, my irreplaceable dependable parts guy (who will be getting alot of orders from me on apache parts!!!) thanks, I appreciate it. I kicked alot of props, walked away from a few good sweet deals in hopes the right boat rigged the way I wanted would come along and finally it did. I had alot of thinking to do and well with the gas prices going up and up and up big blower engine boats were affected sales wise by this so it dropped the boat into the range that I could purchase it, insure it and maintain it properly and I weighed out all those $'s and it fit like a glove in the budget I alloted for it. Wife liked it and liked the pink and she has her co pilot seat and its not a race boat (not a full cabin boat but hell have to give somewhere right) so boom pulled the trigger, had my financing through Russo Marine in 2 hrs (YES 2 HOURS is all it took) and the rest is listed here on OSO.

Hans, Ha, I type 80 words a minute so I write long posts, so the detail with the baja over the years was alot. Probably the most talked about baja ever! Thanks, Its been a wild ride, I have no regrets with the baja and im sure I wont have any with this apache either. I learned alot from the baja and it was a good first step (well the bayliner and the stephens drag boats were the first steps honestly) but the offshore type is where I wanted to be so the baja was a good first entry level boat. Just odd that I went from entry level to one of the top of the line boats right out of the gate. Actually had the baja for 5 years. Took 3 1/2 to iron out all the problems and fix everything (actually replace everything) and as per usual, as soon as I finish it I get rid of it. Seems to be a trend in my life for some reason. Mike is excited to see it and run on it with me. Thanks and like I said to Joe, Ill be posting up pics and Vids of it believe me. This is something that Ill never forget. The first turn of the keys (yeah this apache has keys for some stupid reason) the blood pumping through my veins as I hear those cams cracking open and closed through the exhaust, the smell of high test in the air on a calm sunday morning. My twin stotler bastard children yelling at me from the bilge, Come on Dad, LETS RUN! My hand resting on those marine machine sticks, smile on my face as I back out for the first time ever in my last boat ill ever own. (maybe I should not say that) And I wont feel sorry for all the folks that live right by the ramp and have to hear 1700 HP barking at them either!!!!!
Bite me I have an APACHE!!!

Bill, Paint, what are you getting painted the fountain? Ill call you today, maybe take a run up and see the building. You painting the fountain in the old building? This I want to see. Bill you want to join us? Have a spot open. Never leave an OSO brother behind!!!

Will my friend, Yes its killing me but hey, its okay, its this weekend. Just had a snafoo in plans for today so no huge deal. Going to go get the apache stuff together and get the GPS mounted and wired in. Ill last another day no problem. Ill just sit behind the wheel and do some imaginary boating today LOL.
I would love that honor, buzzing the beaches of OCMD! LEt em all stare at your 45 and wonder to themselves, WOW that thing is cool! From Grandma;s and grandpa's to adults to children, they ALL look. I have pics of you running the old TS gun the F2 boat out there and all the people around me all pointing and staring at you. Just knifing through all the rough stuff and hammering up and down the beaches. Funny, Thats when I decided I needed a bigger boat that one trip to OCMD and seeing you out there kicking some atlantic ocean hump!
THis is going to be awesome, hopefully a good successful run with some good cruising speeds to report and the 31P props do the job right. As promised Ill take plenty of pics and ill bring the camcorder thing with me as well. Ill share the experience as much as I can with you guys so you get the idea of how she runs. One of these days maybe Ill be in an apache movie like the DVD's I bought from Freeze Frame Video!!! Ike wants me to come up to Rock the Bay in September this year and buzz along with him and he told me to pray for rough water so we can just jump out in front and leave everyone else behind. Sounds GOOD TO ME! Mind you all that I have never driven this boat or any 41 apache before, but if its anything like the 36 I drove when working for Thad with the 575SCI's in it, then Ill be plenty happy. I was told the 41's are 10000 times better than the 36's in the rough stuff and open ocean running. Well Ill tell you in 24 hrs if that is true. Stay tuned this is going to be just OVER the top!
35 years on this planet and my whole life has been focused on acertaining this boat and when you realize it, that day is tomorrow for the first run. This is one of the biggest days in my life and I sure as hell will document the hell out of it!
Old 06-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Registered

Good luck!!!! I will be looking for the report late tomorrow and the only carnage I want to hear about is all the dino bones that you destroyed.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 160 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayl13
I have pics of you running the old TS gun the F2 boat out there and all the people around me all pointing and staring at you. Just knifing through all the rough stuff and hammering up and down the beaches.
Let's see those pics Jay if you can tomorrow get a few seconds of us running, I tried to do it last weekend but the video came out all choppy.

Quick Reply: Im Ready!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.