Notices

Im Ready!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Re: Im Ready!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Jayl13
This is something that Ill never forget. The first turn of the keys (yeah this Apache has keys for some stupid reason) the blood pumping through my veins as I hear those cams cracking open and closed through the exhaust, the smell of high test in the air on a calm Sunday morning. My twin stotler bastard children yelling at me from the bilge, Come on Dad, LETS RUN! My hand resting on those marine machine sticks, smile on my face as I back out for the first time ever in my last boat ill ever own. (maybe I should not say that) And I wont feel sorry for all the folks that live right by the ramp and have to hear 1700 HP barking at them either!!!!! Bite me I have an APACHE!!!
Now that's good! I remember my first run in the Apache as a passenger and as the owner. Even though they were both on flat calm water I loved it. We did a test run before buying the boat on the Apalachicola River and that thing just screamed up and down the river. It was really cool running the river surrounded by trees and having nobody else around.

After buying the boat and having Tres put it back together (you know the story) we did our first test runs on Lake Okeechobee. That's right, we ran the Apache on a lake! Tres used the lake so that he could get close to exact water conditions from day to day. His family also has a building there that he can use for storage so it all worked out well. Anyhow, I will never forget the looks we got around there. Pulling up to the ramp with that thing surrounded by pontoon and bass boats! It was great watching the Apache fire up and scare the sh*t out of the people standing there watching us at the ramp. I will never ever forget either of those runs!

Originally Posted by Jayl13
From Grandmas and grandpas to adults to children, they ALL look. I have pics of you running the old TS gun the F2 boat out there and all the people around me all pointing and staring at you. Just knifing through all the rough stuff and hammering up and down the beaches. Funny, that's when I decided I needed a bigger boat that one trip to OCMD and seeing you out there kicking some Atlantic ocean hump!
That's great! So you can tell your wife that it's my fault that you are addicted to boats. The Top Gun and the Gladiator both would run those waters like they were shot out of a cannon. The Apache will too, but I am still getting adjusted to it. Because of the extra weight and length, swells that sent the Cigs flying don't do the same for the Apache. I still pull back on the sticks sometimes expecting the boat to fly when it doesn't. No big deal. I just have to get more time in it.

As for the noise and the people on the beach, I am sure that it is just like at the docks. I imagine that some people on the beach love it and some hate it. The only problem is that you can never sneak away for a day and run the boat without everybody knowing where you are. After a few trips up the coast and back everybody in town knows that you are out and there is always somebody waiting for you when you come back in the harbor.

Unfortunately there are only a few performance boats around here, but you certainly know when one is out running. For the most part I can honestly sit in my office and tell who it is by the sound of the boat. It's crazy, but true. Basically we have Rob's 41' Apache with big power, my old Gladiator with dry exhaust, Bill's 39' Kryptonite with huge pipes and a pair of Cigs with stock 500s/525s. That's about it unless there is something here from out of town.

Speaking of boats from out of town, you need to come back to OC and bring the beast with you. Maybe we need to do an Apache weekend here. Hell, maybe just a performance boat weekend in OC! That would be great.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
Let's see those pics
I think that these are some of the pics that he is talking about. He sent them to me a few years ago.
Attached Thumbnails Im Ready!!!!!!!!!-1.jpg   Im Ready!!!!!!!!!-2.jpg   Im Ready!!!!!!!!!-3.jpg  

Old 06-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
Jay -

You and Mike behave yourselves on Sunday

All the best,
Hans

i always behave everyone knows that

jr mike
Old 06-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will, Yep those are the ones!
You would come on up the coast and I would run to the balcony like a little kid, my wife was like OH GOD ITS JUST A BOAT
Yeah right, that sound goes through you!
OKay off to the storage to go get her, fire her up on the hose then drag her to the ramp!
Can I get an AMEN!!!!!!!

I SAID CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!!!!!!

Post up later!
J
Old 06-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

AMEN BROTHER!!! I am off to the marina, but wanted to check on you and wish you luck once again. No bad info or questions posted is a good thing right now!! Have fun.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Registered

Good luck Jay.....

but if I just bought a new boat, I wouldn't be waiting on anybodys schedule to be going for the first ride. You should have gone out and ran the b!tch yesterday !!

post pics when you get back !!
Old 06-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
Good luck Jay.....

but if I just bought a new boat, I wouldn't be waiting on anybodys schedule to be going for the first ride. You should have gone out and ran the b!tch yesterday !!

post pics when you get back !!
I would rather wait for an experienced good friend than to have my wife there telling me "I told you so" or "you paid how much for this". That is a lot of boat for one person on the first time out.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:56 PM
JnT
Registered

Waiting to see how that bad b!tch ran! Post pics when you get home!