I LOVE this GD boat! >

I LOVE this GD boat!

Notices

I LOVE this GD boat!

Old 06-26-2006, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I LOVE this GD boat!

She is down for the count temporarily, Having the steering rams rebuilt, since one is leaking pretty bad im getting them both redone from Marine Machine, Have to get them over there so they can get them redone for me, Have some other things, Want to change the drive fluid and the damn plugs on the transom assembly wont budge so I have to figure out a way to get them off and replace them, Oil change time, And the exhaust is all coming off and going to the welders, I want everything pressure tested, and welded, I have another leak somewhere so she will be sitting for another 2-3 weeks while I can get all this stuff taken care of but man I love this GD boat! Runs her ACE off!
Panther, Yes thats exactly why we have these things, Its not an OL, its not a black thunder or anything else but if you were in those boats out in the snot I was in, Hah, you would have turn around and ran, not me, F that, GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!
Get on top of em!

Mark, we were out all day, left Delray at 1130 or so (would have left earlier but it was dead low tide at 10 AM. Back on trailer around 7-730 PM so we went everywhere! Great day!
J
Old 06-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Gee thats great all that fun running and now you get to play with the tools.have fun......... m.m............p.s......if you have a cabin boat you might want to checkthe front tank and the linner bond........they are famous to need maintinance...........mark..........
Old 06-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by el indio
Gee thats great all that fun running and now you get to play with the tools.have fun......... m.m............p.s......if you have a cabin boat you might want to checkthe front tank and the linner bond........they are famous to need maintinance...........mark..........
Brand new belly tank, brand new nose tank, new valves and hoses, new liner, All documented by Herb Stotler.
Boat was taken care of with an open check book until the guy I bought it from bought it about 9 months ago was a broker so he did nothing with it. So now I have some other things I want to upgrade and update on it but she runs her ACE OFF!
Old 06-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

new linner or rebonded?...........I would think to replace the linner they had to remove deck...............m.m...........
Old 06-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My first day out in the gun. NOAA said 8-10s.....We all gotta learn sometime !....Like Mark already said...Tabs are your friends...
Old 06-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

As far as I'm concerned all 41's need an open checkbook !!!

We're going out Sunday for the first time this season....I'll try to take some pics.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Registered

Go for it Wes!
MM Yes the deck was removed, the liner was replaced, the cabinets were all redone in the pink, the dash was wrapped in new Vinyl material (not sticker vinyl, padded leather vinyl material with padding behind it like that 2 million dollar apache has!!! (Im such a trend setter for the others to follow LOL))
The tanks were replaced, the fuel lines and shut off valves were replaced, part of the interior (side gunnel pads) were replaced, the seats were left original, The whole boat was taken apart and reworked and put back together. She is a rare bird having the cabin, staggered engines and a full cockpit.
I believe not sure I have one of 3 staggered cabin and full cockpit boats made. Most of the pleasure version 41's were side by side. I would have bought it side by side regardless but it being a staggered setup was a TOTAL BONUS!
Im STILL in shock that I own this bad boy! Going to yank the steering rams off after the holiday and send them to Marine Machine and get them rebuilt, Have some things I want to do and then its time to talk to my main man BIll Mazzoni to see if I can use one of his facilities to paint it. She NEEDS paint so bad im DYING to hide the old and get started on the new! Mark, I know its hard to believe the boat was completely de-rigged but it was. New rub rail around the whole boat, total open check book maintained this boat from some guy who owned it up in West Palm Beach. It was built to RUN PERIOD, this boat was not a trailer queen this thing clocked alot of hours and when Ed Cozzi went over it, he could not find not even ONE stress crack anywhere, and with the carbon and kevlar setup, you can guess why.
All I have to say is I POUNDED about 30 miles of 7-10 foot waves in MY APACHE! I OWN This bad boy and I LOVE IT! I have always sat in the sidelines wishing I could get one of these things and NOW I have one, Im more proud than a new father! Just shows you an average joe can pull this off if you pull the trigger at the right time.
You all would crap your pants if you all knew how much I bought this boat for. I could have bought almost anything, but I waited for this and I got it cheaper than ALL the other boats I came across, fountains, scarabs, Guns you name it.
My payment is less than my barbeque grill baby! (and no I did not finance my bbq grill LOL)
I just read that Sprit of Apache article in Extreme boats magazine, I know what the owners of that boat are feeling, I get goose bumps everytime I say to someone, Yeah I own a 41 apache, (see there they go again, standing up)
I LOVE this thing! Its one BAD ACE Boat, Just ROCKS! Now that I have learned how to drive it in 7-10 footers, Im ready for 15 footers baby!
She will be able to handle it too, problem is will I????
LOL

41 apaches will live FOREVER!
Old 06-26-2006, 07:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WesSmith
As far as I'm concerned all 41's need an open checkbook !!!

No truer words have ever been spoken.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm happy for ya Jay!

Love the enthusiasm kid!!!!!!

Enjoy it,

Kurt
Old 06-26-2006, 07:59 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

MM, jay's 41 spent the first part of its life on Macy Channel, probably right across from where you grew up.

Jay, i'm glad the boats getting enjoyed the way it was meant to.

Quick Reply: I LOVE this GD boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.