Apache vs Pantera Ride >

Apache vs Pantera Ride

Notices

Apache vs Pantera Ride

Old 09-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Apache vs Pantera Ride

I may be wrong but I think the Apache is 8'6" beam. (I forget) Both boats are awesome, Apache is a heavier boat so the Pantera will be faster with equal power. I have a 28 Apache but have never ridden in a 28 Pantera. Run with one but never ridden in it. Apache should be better in the rough but they will be so close I don't think anyone will ever know, unless Jo Nunez and Bobby Saccenti are driving.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BGIII
I think I understand what you are saying, some boats are more pointy than blunt. I'll attach a picture of my boat, it is 34' and I don't think a 28 Apache is even close to having as much bottom.
What is it?
Old 09-16-2006, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Whats the beam on the apache. The Pantera is 8ft.
The 28 pantera isn't very pointy either.
This boat is a single, with twins(rearward weight) the bow may sit a bit higher, giving it a more pointy appearance.
Yes, the Pantera has alot of bottom as well.

I'm sure there's marine architect rolling his eyes somewhere at how badly we're articulating these descriptions- I'm sure there's some spiffy terminology for all of this. I'm doing well to remember the difference between draft and freeboard.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
What is it?
34 Saber
Old 09-16-2006, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by BGIII
34 Saber
I've never seen one. That boat has the most attractive, most perfect lines of any boat I've ever seen. The cowl definitely looks Apache- in fact it looks like an oversized Apache 28 on the bottom and a sized-down 41 up top. That's what the Apache 36 should have been.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the compliment Chris. It does have some Apache look to it, although it is an original Saber design. Mine is the only one built so far. I think they may be in the design stages with a customer on 34 #2.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:16 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 28 Cig would run with both the Pantera and Apache. It's like being on a dirt bike when out jumping waves! Very similar to both boats. These boats with bravos and small blocks have unbelievable throttle response!!
Attached Thumbnails Apache vs Pantera Ride-cig2.jpg   Apache vs Pantera Ride-cig-28.jpg  
Old 09-18-2006, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by offshore whore
My 28 Cig would run with both the Pantera and Apache. It's like being on a dirt bike when out jumping waves! Very similar to both boats. These boats with bravos and small blocks have unbelievable throttle response!!
It's a very nice boat but not anything like either the Apache or the Pantera- the boats are completely different.. With equivalent power, the Cig 28 would run away from either of those boats on smooth water. In sixes and eights there would be no comparison.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:39 AM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Chris Sunkin]It's a very nice boat but not anything like either the Apache or the Pantera- the boats are completely different.. With equivalent power, the Cig 28 would run away from either of those boats on smooth water. In sixes and eights there would be no comparison.[/QUOTE

I am not trying to start a war with you BUT I don't care what 28 you're in it's not going to be a fun ride in real 6 to 8s. We have real 6 to 8s today in Grand Haven and I would love to see either of the 3 28s get on top of them and run the shore. My hull is a 1973 and if you know your Pantera hull they are almost identical boats. Infact I think I might weigh a little bit more. My boy was out on the lake Sunday in some really rough **** in his 41 Saber and the best he could get was 71mph and those waves were big but not 6 to 8s. Any of these 3 boats with the same power in some nice 2 to 3s with an occasional 4 will be a really close race. All very fun boats. I am not saying the Cig is better then either boat just that they are the best 28s built!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, no 28' boat is going to be fun in real 6-8's. This was at the Chicago poker run in 05. 4-5's, it was fun but we definately got some air time. We stayed at the back of the pack but it did pretty well for a 28 foot boat.

Last edited by CFD5; 09-14-2007 at 04:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Apache vs Pantera Ride

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.