Inxs F/S, $139k! >

Inxs F/S, $139k!

Notices

Inxs F/S, $139k!

Old 10-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been looking at apache's for about 2yrs now. My 42 Sonic has been sold twice and the loans fell through. Man I wish I was able to buy and just sit on it. LOL

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 10-30-2007, 01:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pre-teardown.
Been apart coming up on 2 years now. After another summer of not boating and bumming rides, I bought a nice 35 Mistress- this afternoon. Should be here next week.

My crappy scanner makes her look better that she really was.

Last edited by Chris Sunkin; 10-30-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Pre-teardown.
Been apart coming up on 2 years now. After another summer of not boating and bumming rides, I bought a nice 35 Mistress- this afternoon. Should be here next week.

My crappy scanner makes her look better that she really was.

where did you find those drives....not cresants......
Old 10-30-2007, 02:38 PM

Picked up the units on the cheap, knowing I was converting to the 6 drive. They're early-80's. I got a season out of them, just barely.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TOASTY
i love this guys haters, people hammer him and think they are wise for doing so but the fact remains he has owned more race apaches then many i have seen on this board. maybe some of you need to stop by the ac area and see what we have to offer before bashing a fellow boater. papache, byrd, et al have owned very large machines you reets should be scared....
A little research might reveal a small lack of tack on his part over the years. No one questions his boats, just him. NK
Old 10-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Registered

Side by sides pleasure set-up guess no race history. Prior names? Any pics after/during conversion with the #6s Did you do the transom work for the conversion ... how did you figure out where X-Dim landed? What power you putting in her?

Which Mistress did you buy?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful
Side by sides pleasure set-up guess no race history. Prior names? Any pics after/during conversion with the #6s Did you do the transom work for the conversion ... how did you figure out where X-Dim landed? What power you putting in her?

Which Mistress did you buy?
Yeah, pleasure boat. No idea of history- bought it from a bank in N Carolina. I'm halfway thru the conversion- redid the transom but it's not cut yet. I have the gimbles & plates- been hoping to stumble across a pair of dry 6's at a decent price. It's not like I don't have time. Like everything, one wire or bolt I don't like ends up being a total refit. I found all sorts of stranded-on-the-water issues waiting to happen as I disassembled it. Front tank holds pressure but I'm half afraid to not replace it. Seems like they all go sometime. Engines will be blown 572's. I'm hoping for 1k/hp.

35 is just an old Mistress. Decent, usable but nothing to be excited about. At least I can put an end to my freeloading. Just got off the phone with Cozzi- he's getting out to look at it. Hell, I'm just assuming it's a Mistress- I don't know if there's a difference betwenn one and a flat-deck. Are they interchangeable? Never had one. This one has a square race fairing and no teak. Is it the teak interior and the Vee windshield that makes one a Mistress. If it floats, I'm further ahead than where I've been.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
... Like everything, one wire or bolt I don't like ends up being a total refit. I found all sorts of stranded-on-the-water issues waiting to happen as I disassembled it. Front tank holds pressure but I'm half afraid to not replace it. Seems like they all go sometime. Engines will be blown 572's. I'm hoping for 1k/hp.
..... If it floats, I'm further ahead than where I've been.
LOL hear that - see below My Mistress has no windshield, no teak ... at all, never did. Is a 1985, race fairing and hatches, & #3 Speedmasters. The 'flatdecks' were the 35s and early(ier) 38s. Hey would you happen to still have #3 gimble rings from the pre-conversion version of your 41?

Good luck with that 41' and the new 35'. My advice would be to get'er done the 41' that is!!! The way you sound ... being meticulous and very detail oriented ... your 35' will end up being a 'project' too

((Call me if you stil have #3 gimble I need a couple. Redoing my entire transom at least it was SOLID and DRY as a bone! L8R Chris))
Attached Thumbnails Inxs F/S, 9k!-p1050873.jpg  
Old 10-30-2007, 07:53 PM

Sorry, traded the 3's on the 6 parts and some other pieces. I might have a lead though- I'll make a call tomorrow.

I have two problems- first, I got really busy with work 2 years ago. That coupled with getting one kid into college and travelling all over with #2 visiting schools has been a real spare-time sponge. The next one is I'm fanatical about how things are done. If I F it up, then I just re-do it. If I pay for someone else to F something up, then I'm all pissed off. That's why I just try to do everything myself. I've done total refits and sold the boats within weeks of completion. I couldn't stand the flaws. The Cig is not going to get away from me. It'll get some cosmetics and new graphics- probably something old-school. I'll probably hit the Cig forum and start asking for pics. They're all pretty much all variations on the latchkey anyway. I thought about the all-black sides- had a friend who owned one in the late 70's. Always loved the boat. I also saw a very dark blue sided one. Probably too much paintwork though- most likely some stripe variation, wrapping up over the back.

What I really wanted was an '86 SE 38 that I could paint like the original Cover Girl. That ended up being exactly what you described- another project run amok. The 35 just made more sense $$ wise.

I would have loved to find a 35 with staggered engines & 3's. I thought long and hard about that bare hull in the classifieds. My thinking has changed with the Apache and I suppose I'm waiting for it to swing back. When I started the project, I wanted a fast pleasure boat. Now I want a FAST 3-pack like MM's. It's been years since I've owned a raceboat and I miss it. I know that if I had one, I probably couldn't live with it so I'm hoping that urge cools down.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Registered

Paul has got a FAST 3-pack ... Old ChillOut Warrior boat, you would absolutely love it! Mint, original condition. Yeah that 3 man staggered 35 Ciggy is not in the classifieds any more. He tried (trying) to convince me to buy that and change everything over from my current set-up to that one. Mine is halfway between race and pleasure and I kinda like ... vs. buying something completely unrigged anyway.

Urges never cool down .. well when they do new ones replace them LOL

Now back on track ... Whose going to step up to INXS??? byrdman??

Quick Reply: Inxs F/S, $139k!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.