Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Tired of crap-aches!! >

Tired of crap-aches!!

Notices

Tired of crap-aches!!

Old 11-01-2007, 08:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's an absolute world of difference between the 41 and the 36. I got tired of the hassles of the long, heavy 41 and BS'ed my self into replacing it with a 36. Didn't last a season. Traded it for a Topgun and started looking for another 41 project. Wonderful boat and nothing in its size class compares in messy water. It's just not a 41.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
detonated.....the n/a motors are my spares...the 800s will be back........soon.......
Hope to see it! Little Tommy was telling me about it.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
There's an absolute world of difference between the 41 and the 36. I got tired of the hassles of the long, heavy 41 and BS'ed my self into replacing it with a 36. Didn't last a season. Traded it for a Topgun and started looking for another 41 project. Wonderful boat and nothing in its size class compares in messy water. It's just not a 41.
there's no substitute for length and weight!

I went with the 36' because of the cost differential in running a 41 vs. a 36' and also the ease of finding dock space, cheaper storage and easier transport. Secondly the cabin had much better head room than the 41. We spend a lot of time overnighting on the boat and also hanging out so that was another factor.

If $$ wasn't an object I would probably be in a 41'.

I've been in a few Top Guns and they all seem to ride different... Some ride nice, others pound. Was on my friends this past summer and my knees and back hurt pretty bad. Took my boat out 30 min after we got back and the ride was much better.... The Flat Deck SE that I've been on definitely had a noticably better ride than the TG.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Yeah, lose a fuel pump- one piece of dirt- lean out a blower motor and Chernobyl, here we come.

As long as you go into it with your eyes open... (as well as your checkbook)
Or forget to turn on the aux. fuel pumps and lean one out....

We've all been there at one time or another... Luckilly I do most the work myself....

Ahhhh....good times, good times!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Come on Mark, all that is needed is a few rocker arms!!!

After the season that I had, if I had boat payments on top of it all.....there would be scars on my wrists!!! But what the heck, I've now got two new engines and two fresh #6's...........probably the best time to sell!!!! That way I would be able to look at myself in the mirror!

Like mm has said, most boats are sold when they are tired!! The cost of them is the easy part!!!!!!
you didnt mention down time...how much of your short summer did you miss....mental anguish has to be worth something.......
Old 11-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by el indio
you didnt mention down time...how much of your short summer did you miss....mental anguish has to be worth something.......
I hear ya!

I went down that road the first year I owned this boat... It took some $$$ to find out that the person I thought I trusted to do the work (friends for over 10 yrs) was just like the rest of em... Then I found someone I could trust to fix his mistakes and I did the rest of the work myself. The rest is history!!