RHC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manning should have the spec from my 36 ,, they built it in 2001 for me ,,,,
Old 11-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Montana
I can relate to that all to well! Last time I loaded mine it took me and 2 friends about a 1/2 hour to load it.

Let me know if your serious maybe we can get a buy 2 discount
Hopefully I can just get a Winch stand fabricated that will make my trailer work. If you could, PM what they quoted you on price for yours so I have an idea what a new one would go for. I actually would prefer aluminum for weight savings and durability purposes over the steal.

Oh yeah mine was a BIEEEEEAtch to get on the trailer. I had to back the trailer in clear far to get it far enough forward than I had my buddy take an additional big fat yellow strap and hook from the bow eye forward to the hitch itself as I powered it forward far enough so the yellow strap would keep it from wanting to slide back. Then I had to power forward to keep it straight as he slowly inched it out so the boat was cradled straight. Then the old Dodge pulled her right out. Once I came up with the idea to use the other strap it only took about 10 minutes but it took me another 50 minutes to get to that point. I have been trailering boats since I was a kid and yesterday I felt like the idiot at the ramp without a doubt! And worst of all I got Scratch in process (one more thing to fix this winter).
Old 11-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Steve_H

Owens makes a nice trailer and they are in florida.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered

Baywatch , had same problem with the Eagle trailer I own. I called Eagle and they faxed me a sheet that needed measurements from bow eye to the tube where winch stand mounts and two other measurements. It came painted to match and worked perfect. By the way VERY SWEET APACHE I remember that boat when it was brand new!
Old 11-04-2007, 08:43 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RHC
Manning should have the spec from my 36 ,, they built it in 2001 for me ,,,,
Hey Roger was yours a steel or aluminum?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:40 AM
RHC
Registered

Steel Tony ,, It was a very nice trailor ,, pulled well ,, but the paint left a little to be desired,,, I had no problems with it and it was very easy to load and unload! Good luck ,,

RHC
Old 11-05-2007, 11:17 AM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone looking for a new trailer pm me. I am trying to work a deal with Manning for a group buy. I talked to him today and he said he would give a discount if a few of us ordered one.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,812 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_H
Owens makes a nice trailer and they are in florida.
I had an aluminum owens & sons trailer for the Pantera. It was a good trailer, but no where near the quality of a Myco or Manning.

Baywatch--I think the best thing to do with your trailer is to have the current roller that the bow rests on made into a bow stop and then get a new winch stand made higher up. Jim Kruse (Kruse Powdercoating)at LOTO should be able fabricate and powdercoat a new one for you. He is on hwy 5 in Laurie. You definately need a separate bow stop with the high location of the bow eye.

Last edited by Griff; 11-05-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I had an aluminum owens & sons trailer for the Pantera. It was a good trailer, but no where near the quality of a Myco or Manning.

Baywatch--I think the best thing to do with your trailer is to have the current roller that the bow rests on made into a bow stop and then get a new winch stand made higher up. Jim Kruse (Kruse Powdercoating)at LOTO should be able fabricate and powdercoat a new one for you. He is on hwy 5 in Laurie. You definately need a separate bow stop with the high location of the bow eye.
Griff, I was gonna call Eagle to see if they Have a higher winch stand that I can Bolt on. If they don't I will definately Give Jim a call. I was sooooo Pissed on Saturday afternoon. It never occured to me what a problem the jack stand was gonna be until I went to load it back on. I really like the trailer, it pulls really nice and the bunks nicely support the boat. My goal is to make it work, but if it is gonna be a pain I will just get rid of it and get one that works properly.

Thanks for the Heads up on Jim.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by baywatch
After My Afternoon today I think I might be in the market for a new trailer for my 36'. MY trailer is an Eagle but the winch stand Isn't compatible with my 36's very high bow eye. That translated into about an hours worth of head scratching this afternoon.

When I picked it up it was already on the trailer and when I offloaded in the spring it wasn't a problem. Getting that thing on the trailer today was tougher than chinese arithmetic.

You can see the problem on this pic.
Give Eagle a call, I'm sure they can hook something up for you. I've called them a couple time for things for my trailer that is 20 years old and they are great at helping out. I even ran up to the factory for a few things, those guys are great and imo build a great trailer for the money.