Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Dont piss him off Adam, you better have facts to back up that bold statement
Old 11-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboat28
It doesn't sound right to me, what do you guys think? This 28 Apache I called on has termite damage to the bulkhead, I haven't quite figured out which one yet. He is suppose to send me pics of it. He is telling me that it is not a structural bulkhead. Does the 28 have any bulkheads that do not serve a purpose structurally?
Big boat, why dont you look into one of the two 28 Pantera Singles for sale right now without power? Both are newer and each boat is priced so that you could negotiate a price point where you could put in a good reliable engine with enough power to make it fun. Single engine is the way to go under 30ft in my opinion. My Pantera runs 81.6mph with a stock 26p bravo 4 blade and 710hp (give or take as per engine shop). JO told me that with some prop work and light fuel load, etc I could be seeing 85-87mph.

If I blow a drive or a motor, I only have one to fix.....one set of gauges, less worries.

I have smoked guys in Cafe racers, 292 Fastechs and even a 35 Fountain (I think the guy ran out of balls to be honest cause it was rough). All twin engined GOOD boats.

If you have people tell you that a 700hp 540 cant be reliable, they are buying engines from the wrong people. You wouldnt beleive how well mine runs and idles, It suprised Airpacker and he is a master mechanic who has forgotten more about this **** than most of us will ever hope to know.

Just want to help you cause I went throught this same search (28 ft boat with rough water capability and old school looks)

BTW I am not bashing Apaches in any way, I am actually a huge fan/groupie lol. Just think Big Boat might be better off in a diffferent boat. I was.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by WMF
Dont piss him off Adam, you better have facts to back up that bold statement

I have the email signed by a man with the initials B. S.

Chief of the tribe......
Old 11-21-2008, 10:52 AM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That might not be enuff
Old 11-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

LOL, atleast ar15meister knows what a bulkhead is. So what thats two people who have agreed with me.....counting FR and he hates me. No reason to be bitter over it
Old 11-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
LOL, atleast ar15meister knows what a bulkhead is. So what thats two people who have agreed with me.....counting FR and he hates me. No reason to be bitter over it
If you have to count my post reminding people that some 28s are nice and some have crusty butts as agreeing with you, you are more desperate than people think, Nancy.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:19 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Andy I think I know more about the 28 Apache then you do, I did a real restoration on my boat, not a OSO paint my drive's with a brush resto!!!!!, give me a break, I know what a bulk head is, I also know what a A#$hole is, do you???
Attached Images  
Old 11-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Registered

I dont think I agreed either.... I dont have a dog in this fight so I am staying out.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

I have been thinking about this termite thing and it is bugging me.

I dont understand why you would even keep the converstaion going with the guy selling the boat once you discovered there was this type of issue. There is likely alot more than that.

I am telling you, you like Panteras, why not make an offer on Dude Sweet's boat and put an engine in it and have some fun?

Or Elite marine's boat?

Dont buy a beat up 28 Apache and have to dump a ton of money and TIME into it (I nearly did, so happy I didnt)....the only 28's I would touch were Bills (once he was done with it) but that is sold. Also the 28 Cherokee 3 man race boat with the single was sick, but I never saw it in person nor do I have intimate knowledge of it. The 28 swneedle has doesnt have cracked knees and it looks nice from pics but, again, I dont have intimate knowledge nor have I seen it. I was also told that the engines have approximately 300hrs on them when I inquired about the boat. I would definately get a leakdown on them.

I had my Pantera get a full survey as well as had a serious engine builder perform a leakdown test and a compression test. It passed with flying colours (8% was the worst leakage I got). I wrote a cheque (canadian for Check)

Anyhow, good luck.

Adam
Old 11-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ar15meister
I have been thinking about this termite thing and it is bugging me.
Bugging me- now that's good chit right there!

Quick Reply: 28 Apache bulkheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.