Who owns the Apache trademark and name? >

Who owns the Apache trademark and name?

Notices

Who owns the Apache trademark and name?

Old 04-20-2009, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
I am in !!!!!!!!

Do not whant to miss that ,,,sean i even drive for ya !!! Or throttle !!!!

Scott
Guys, any day we have a new Bimini Race and I can make it is your day.For now, I am tesing the new 39 Motion with JT from TNT either next wednesday of Thursday, if you want to run with us, please show up at TNT in the afternoon on both these days.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=Comanche3Six;2848047]Tristar
Let me satify your curiosity. I am not related to Mark nor am I a business partner. I appreciate his powerboats.
Apache Powerboats is a small, custom, offshore powerboat company with a pedigree second to none. Don Aronow designed 41 rough water hull. Mark McManus built the boats, Bobby Moore rigged them and Keith Eickert powered them. Let's not forget Mercury Racing's part with their speedmaster drives.

Well by all means, Mark has an excellent track at building boats and winning ones too. That 50 Cold War was a one off and cannot reflect Marks ability of building boats. I wouldn't criticize the looks but rather applauds Mark's business acumen, 2 million for that is pretty extraordinary, I would have bought a Magnum instead. Yet, if you explore the Apache website, he has some pretty cool looking sit downs versions of boats I would have liked to see in real instead of a design on a website. I am more interested in what can be done today. I hope I can sit down in one of these one day but I am afraid my business acumen tells me i will have hole in my pocket before I can do so, these babies look terribly expensive.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Tristar
Let me satify your curiosity. I am not related to Mark nor am I a business partner. I appreciate his powerboats.
Apache Powerboats is a small, custom, offshore powerboat company that started with a pedigree second to none. Don Aronow designed 41 rough water hull. Mark McManus built the boats, Bobby Moore rigged them and Keith Eickert powered them. Let's not forget Mercury Racing's part with their speedmaster drives. Ben Kramer, Bob Saccenti, Tom Evans had a racing team that was superior in every way. A real true offshore rough water racing effort. Not like what is seen today where the powerboats will turn around and come back to port if it's "too rough" ....Well, the world spins a few rotations and tosses the dice out of the cup.....what happens? Don Aronow is shot dead, Ben Kramer is imprisoned for life, Bob Saccenti has other powerboat company ventures, and Mark McManus is awarded Apache Powerboats.
Mark refurbishes and upgrades the older Apache Powerboats, he also builds new Apache Powerboats. I know you don't like the looks of the 50' but that's ok, because the man that had it built does. Maybe your tastes are more traditional and inline with Spirit of Apache, go to the video section on the Apache website and check out the custom features. It is way over the top! Mark can tailor the Apache to whatever the customer desires. That is what he does and who he is, a "Master Offshore Powerboat Builder"
Awarded? I have read other descriptions of that transaction. Like many things Apache, you have two sides to every story and Im sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I especially liked your description of where Bob went.

The one thing I do not understand is why so few new Apaches are being made.

Mark has many different model types listed on that site, but what has been made recently? I mostly see refits. I dont doubt Apaches rough water abilities, but its odd to me that such a great boat does not have more demand for production, assuming someone is willing to built them for a fair price. Do modern day Cigs, Panteras, etc really perform that much worse than an Apache in rough water? Why dont we see more new Apaches?

Thad Allen was a drug addict, liar and screwball with a lot of money. No offshore powerboat contributions at all. Where is he now? Who cares?
Ed
As a brief footnote in Apache history, I care. Just like I care about the history of the Scout, who made them in the past (Century, etc), and who has the molds now. I care about what Bob Saccenti and Eric Froberg are doing and what they attempted to do as well. I can see you have harsh words to describe Thad, I dont know him personally but I do know he had some nice molds designed and CNC'd before the effort went south...

Originally Posted by Apache1
Well by all means, Mark has an excellent track at building boats and winning ones too. That 50 Cold War was a one off and cannot reflect Marks ability of building boats. I wouldn't criticize the looks but rather applauds Mark's business acumen, 2 million for that is pretty extraordinary, I would have bought a Magnum instead.
2mil for Cold War? Wow...

Last edited by Tristar Racing; 04-20-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL!
Well, I see this Apache thread is gaining a little steam, like they almost always do! Just for the record, I love look of "Cold War" and would enjoy seeing some pics of it with the cockpit interior. Or any other pics of it or Tsunami. Two of my favorite Apache Powerboats. Do you hear me Duna, how about some pics!
Thanks
Ed
Old 04-20-2009, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by daredevil
Sir,,,we where talking about V-BOTTOM not a cat !!!!!

Also i think we where talking next year ??? ,,,and in a official race SIB > Bimini and back !!!

I be there this year but only with my Aero-tek,,,still would love to meet you and chat about this !

Scott
Scott,
I don't know where I will be next year so excuse me if we don't meet then. I din't mean to challenge you with my Cat, just let you know my plans. I am actually flying 20 hours ( Geneva Switzerland-New York-Miami) for this test over two days. I will most certainly run Key West in November's Poker Run, racing courses is over for me, too old now at forty with 5 kids and many other old people in the family to feed but who knows I might go crazy,buy myself a new V bottom and run you to Bimini and back(ach)
Old 04-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing

The one thing I do not understand is why so few new Apaches are being made.

Mark has many different model types listed on that site, but what has been made recently? I mostly see refits. I dont doubt Apaches rough water abilities, but its odd to me that such a great boat does not have more demand for production, assuming someone is willing to built them for a fair price. Do modern day Cigs, Panteras, etc really perform that much worse than an Apache in rough water? Why dont we see more new Apaches?
Tristar
Top Banana gave a good answer to that

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Second item was a few weeks ago at the St Pete poker run, the wind had been blowing for days and the water was running pretty good....73 boats entered and 8 made the lunch stop. The others turned around at the bridge and went back to the docks. 3 deep Vees and the rest cats.

My opinion is that todays boats are capable of such high speeds, that that factor has become the only benchmark that is important to these guys.

The ability to handle a boat at speed in rough conditions doesn't equate anymore, they just want to say they have a fast boat that is capable of running, but they don't want to do the running.

Todays boaters are a different breed for sure.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:52 PM

LOL!
Well, I see this Apache thread is gaining a little steam, like they almost always do! Just for the record, I love look of "Cold War" and would enjoy seeing some pics of it with the cockpit interior. Or any other pics of it or Tsunami. Two of my favorite Apache Powerboats. Do you hear me Duna, how about some pics!
Thanks
Ed
ED,
Do a search you will find pics on this board, search Apache Cold War on this search you will find a video and some...well lets just say interesting pics of the boat in rough seas,let me know what you think!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Apache1
ED,
Do a search you will find pics on this board, search Apache Cold War on this search you will find a video and some...well lets just say interesting pics of the boat in rough seas,let me know what you think!
Omar
If these are the pics, it looks like "Cold War" is at speed in some rough seas. Jumped a wave and landed almost at the base of another huge wave. (enduring an incredible amount of sea pressure) Pushed through that wave intact and powered forward. I read your comments where you thought it was too heavy to run rough water effectively. I agree that a somewhat lighter hull is more nimble, but it better not sacrifice strength in a situation like that! Or the results could be disastrous.
Ed

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 03-10-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys, Wow this discussion is heating up.
Well the boat ran as you would expect a boat of this calibre to run, not the fastest OK, but a sur ride. What would i change,
if i was paying quite a lot i would keep it simple. But it is what it is. Things can and do change. Sea Trials with Bob Teague we ran the boat easily in triple numbers' A few days later with
JT at TNT the sea conditions were not in our favor for one or two minor reaseons ! No seating, No Life Jackets on very little security and a boat not finished. However the results and potentiel was apparent. One Hell of a lot of boat, In the inland waterway we ran few a few photo's of the boat knowing conditions were a little rough outsde , On the sea we ran no more than 65- 70 mph due to lack of equipment and JT making the call to take it easy as the boat could eat it up.
Running in 8- Ten & some twelve footers . The boat was running to slow to take awesome shots.....DUNA
Old 04-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Hi Duna
Looking forward to some more in depth pics of Cold War! Tsunami too!
Thanks
Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.