Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Scout radio location >

Scout radio location

Notices

Scout radio location

Old 09-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, that is the boat i own, but now it has a 2001 300X, the one in the pic is a 98 300 promax. When i bought it i took the indian head off the side and buffed the whole boat. For being 23 yrs. old it looks great! I tried to post a pic but i ddid not renew my membership, so it will not let me. That console is similar to what i want to do but a lot more updated andd modern looking. I would like to see how your backseat is hinged to see if i can modify mine to do the same. We did a poker run sat. and the pics should be up in a day or two, when they do post them i will like to them.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by JLAY
Yes, that is the boat i own, but now it has a 2001 300X, the one in the pic is a 98 300 promax. When i bought it i took the indian head off the side and buffed the whole boat. For being 23 yrs. old it looks great! I tried to post a pic but i ddid not renew my membership, so it will not let me. That console is similar to what i want to do but a lot more updated andd modern looking. I would like to see how your backseat is hinged to see if i can modify mine to do the same. We did a poker run sat. and the pics should be up in a day or two, when they do post them i will like to them.
JLAY,
Do you have an integrated back seat. This is the one out of my Scout. It was hinged at the bottom. So how does that 21 run with a single 300hp. I was looking at maybe repowering. What speed are you roughly running? As for as a center console, thats on my list....
Jr.
Attached Thumbnails Scout radio location-6-16-08-040.1.jpg  
Old 10-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Registered

I don't know if it is integrated? It is part of the liner, and i think the cushions are screwed to it. I love the 300 I have only had the boat for a little more than a year, so I am still trying to learn how the boat "feels". But this past weekend at the PR we had a lond strech of running @60-65 for 35 minutes. It has a little more in it but i really have to get a different prop. The max rpm of the motor is 6500, but i am only reaching 53-5400. The humidity is so high down here, it affects the motor that much. The previous owner said ~ 75 on the best day. My lower is also hurting me, i have a sportsmaster lower, but really need a tourquemaster lower. Some say that it is costing me @4-5 mph.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Registered

here ya go for a few pics

http://gcoffshore.com/gco_files/main...20(Custom).JPG

http://gcoffshore.com/gco_files/main...ll/page_16.htm
Old 10-06-2009, 01:10 PM
JnT
Registered

Jlay, your boat looks great in the poker run pics !
Old 10-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Registered

Thanks! We have a bunch to pick from, that was just a couple.

You should have brought your scout down for the run! Visited the old 'hood.

Last edited by JLAY; 10-06-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Registered

Boat looks Great!!
Old 10-07-2009, 02:59 PM
JnT
Registered

Originally Posted by JLAY
Thanks! We have a bunch to pick from, that was just a couple.

You should have brought your scout down for the run! Visited the old 'hood.
I wish I had never left Louisiana ! Great neighbors and a lot of fun times.
I'm thinking about putting the windscreen on my boat and wondered how hard it is to climb over it to set an anchor or tie off the bow line?
We are also ditching the carpet and installing a rubber floor mat by hydroturf that rchevelle71 showed me in his Pantera.
I took out the original seats and put some high back plastic base seats out of a Velocity in it. They sit too high but probably took a 100 pounds of weight out of the boat. Those old school seats are heavy. Got some seat slides coming to mount the new seats to the deck and lower them .
Love your boat and hopefully will get to see it in person sometime.
Jim
Old 10-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JnT
I wish I had never left Louisiana ! Great neighbors and a lot of fun times.
I'm thinking about putting the windscreen on my boat and wondered how hard it is to climb over it to set an anchor or tie off the bow line?
We are also ditching the carpet and installing a rubber floor mat by hydroturf that rchevelle71 showed me in his Pantera.
I took out the original seats and put some high back plastic base seats out of a Velocity in it. They sit too high but probably took a 100 pounds of weight out of the boat. Those old school seats are heavy. Got some seat slides coming to mount the new seats to the deck and lower them .
Love your boat and hopefully will get to see it in person sometime.
Jim
JnT,
Do you have any pics of the rubber floor you want to install? I have been looking for different options for mine. Not sure if I want to use whats in the newer cigs... I have seen it turn dirty quick and its tough on bare feet.
Thanks,
Jr.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:44 PM
JnT
Registered

rchevelle71 has this in his Pantera. Seems durable and is soft under bare feet.
http://hydroturf.com/products.php?ca...f%20Hydro-Turf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.