Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sean stinson
Perk has it as well as the 47' War Party 2 boat that burned!!! He is totally redoing the burned boat!!!!
Thats awesome !!

Really, huge kudo's to him and his dedication !
Old 09-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sean stinson
Yes the boat is on Lake Norman a guy by the name of Perk has it as well as the 47' War Party 2 boat that burned!!! He is totally redoing the burned boat!!!!

If you need a number I can get it for you!!!!!
I wonder if he needs a new deck part to start with? Last I saw the boat it was here in Ga. derigged and burnt across the deck pretty badly and down the side in front of the fairing.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I said Profile 42 at challenger,,,but meant Axiom 42..
Old 09-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie B.
I guess I dont understand why you wouldnt leave the props on it that proved to make the boat run good...?
For the same reason that I also kept the spare set of props, the spare drive and both spare transmissions. These parts were never part of the deal. I did not trade those parts with the boat because I was already losing my a$$ on the deal and those parts allowed me to recover some of that loss. I sold everything except one of the transmissions and I will sell that eventually.

As for the performance of the boat, the Merc props that went with my Apache were brand new and did OK, but those custom props really made the boat come alive. This is no different than the package I got in the deal. The Cigarette had some nice 5 blade Hydros on it when I got it, but they were too small for the boat. The boat would hit the rev limiters with throttle left. They worked OK overall, but for the best possible performance and top speed, the props that I got with the boat were not what it needed. No big deal. We just had to try some different props until we found the right ones.

Originally Posted by rbr2328
I wonder if he needs a new deck part to start with? Last I saw the boat it was here in Ga. derigged and burnt across the deck pretty badly and down the side in front of the fairing.
I got a phone call from a guy named Parker (I think that was his name) a few months after I traded the Apache. He had a shop somewhere in the Carolinas and was planning to drop some crazy power into the 45, do the cosmetic work and make it a show boat for his business. He also told me that they were doing the burned 47 as well. If I remember correctly he was going to use the 47 for his "every day" boat and use the 45 for poker runs and other events to advertise his shop. That was my understanding anyway because I remember thinking how lucky he was!!

Last edited by Hot Duck; 09-28-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone know where this guy is in the carolinas?
Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
These parts were never part of the deal.
mmkay. We werent discussing the spare drives and transmissions. That is understandable, you keeping those items.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
For the same reason that I also kept the spare set of props, the spare drive and both spare transmissions. These parts were never part of the deal. I did not trade those parts with the boat because I was already losing my a$$ on the deal and those parts allowed me to recover some of that loss. I sold everything except one of the transmissions and I will sell that eventually.

As for the performance of the boat, the Merc props that went with my Apache were brand new and did OK, but those custom props really made the boat come alive. This is no different than the package I got in the deal. The Cigarette had some nice 5 blade Hydros on it when I got it, but they were too small for the boat. The boat would hit the rev limiters with throttle left. They worked OK overall, but for the best possible performance and top speed, the props that I got with the boat were not what it needed. No big deal. We just had to try some different props until we found the right ones.

I got a phone call from a guy named Parker (I think that was his name) a few months after I traded the Apache. He had a shop somewhere in the Carolinas and was planning to drop some crazy power into the 45, do the cosmetic work and make it a show boat for his business. He also told me that they were doing the burned 47 as well. If I remember correctly he was going to use the 47 for his "every day" boat and use the 45 for poker runs and other events to advertise his shop. That was my understanding anyway because I remember thinking how lucky he was!!
Hey Will,
This is Parks that bought your '45 from my friend Randy at FastBoats.Com. Thanks for the only sensible post that I have seen about this boat since this thread started. This is the 2nd year that I have had this boat and it is in the same excellent shape as when I bought it from randy--I have freshened the motors since I bought it and have bumped them up to 600 cubic inches. Somewhere around 1100HP each. I am planning on adding full custom paint job as we spoke about last summer. I have run several props with the boat and did not know about the supercat props. If you still have them I would like to buy them--if not if you have the dimensions I will have a set made. The boat runs 80 as it is set-up now--low fuel, light load and running on the lake. As for the '47 this is the original War Party boat and yes it did burn. I am 4 weeks away from completing the glasswork. We have taken our time with this boat and I promise that it will be a showpiece when completed. I plan to CNC machine every part for the rigging of this boat. This boat was one of a kind when it was built and it will be one of a kind when I am finished with it. Thanks and stay in touch--Parks. Email me about the [email protected].
Old 09-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey rbr2328 My name is Parks Jones and i own Carolina Marine on lake wylie in south carolina. We custom rig and sell preowned cigarettes and apaches along with other type offshore boats. Contact me at [email protected].
I think you have the molds for the race hatches i was told.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:22 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Do you have the 41' or 47' molds? There was a 47' mold that somoene in Ohio had and Bobby built the person a 47' with a 36' deck a number of years ago... The sides weren't perfect. The owners took the boat home to rig it and somehow it burned.
Panther
You got parts of the story right. The 47 mold was sold at the government liquidation auction at the shop in Hollywood. Two gentlemen from Illinois bought it and several other parts and pieces at the auction. One of the gentlemen had Bobby build him a 47', the one that you have pictured. It was completed in late '98. I can still remember him pulling up at my house at SIU Carbondale when I was in college. You are right, the sides weren't perfect. The boat was rigged with triple 600's. The owner and I took it to LOTO Labor Day weekend in 2000. The boat ran great and was light. It was a six man stand up with no cabin and an extra 300 gallons of fuel built into the bow. The boat burnt in the Spring of 2001. The only part that was left was some of the bow. The sides, engine room, transom, and dash were completely gone.

That mold had made its rounds. It stopped at another company in Miami, a company in Ft. Meyers, a company in North Florida, at the owner's business in Illinois, and finally came to rest currently in Michigan at Saber where they straightened all that was wrong with it. Hence, Saber's announcement a few years ago of a new 47'.

BA
Old 09-29-2009, 09:51 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lake Norman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.