A few Scout questions >

A few Scout questions

Notices

A few Scout questions

Old 09-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious anyone know how these scouts with an I/O run?

Top end with a stock small block?

A friend of mine has a 22 donzi classic with a 496/bravo I setup he gets low 70's... can I build an small block I/O apache 22 to run with his donzi?

Last edited by DjMikeyC; 09-12-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DjMikeyC
Panther - Do you know the owner? His name and phone number?
Do you know of the boat personally? Is the hull solid?
Anyway you can get a pic or two of the interior?
What type of trailer? Is it in good shape?
Do you know if the color scheme on the hull is original gelcoat or is it paint?
Sorry for the ton of questions. You are right that $10K may be a little steep but it doesn't hurt to talk to the guy and see what he will take.
Yes, I know the owner. I have his contact details.

He is the original owner of the boat. It was rigged at MRD and was supposed to be a raceboat but Ron bought it as a pleasure boat.

As far as the internalls fo the boat I really don't know, I haven't had my head under the hatch for a long time. I needs interior and the hull needs either a good buffing or paint. I know he put a new mercury engine package in the boat and the drive was serviced not long ago. I'm pretty sure it's all original paint/gel. Not sure what trailer either, I know he has one but it stays in the rack.

Before I knew he put a new engine package in, I made him an offer that was significantly lower than asking, he didn't bite. Maybe if someone can get close to the number and within reason he'll let it go. As the saying goes, $$$ talks!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Just curious anyone know how these scouts with an I/O run?

Top end with a stock small block?

A friend of mine has a 22 donzi classic with a 496/bravo I setup he gets low 70's... can I build an small block I/O apache 22 to run with his donzi?
The boat above had a SBC 383" with 400 hp about 10 years ago and ran low 70's. With the 350 merc engine I believe it runs in teh 60's somewhere... Not exactly sure, that's what I've been told.

Maybe a test-run is in order
Old 09-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Can you PM me what you offered him? This was before engine replacement, right?

Also can you PM me his name and contact info.

Where in NJ is the boat located? I'm trying to get an estimate on travel time to come and see this boat as I live in upstate NY.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Registered

Are these forclosure or short sale prices.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sacred Ground sold his 1986 Apache 22 I/O last year and it was perfect! It had a new interior, flawless original gelcoat, an alpha and a small block. It came with an aluminum I beam trailer. I remember he was asking $11K and it took a very long time to sell that one, and it was beautiful! If I had the cash then I would have bought that one in a heartbeat!

This one needs work so the $10K asking is a bit high to me. I found 2 O/B powered Apache 22's and both can be had for $3500, yeah they both need new interiors and the hull needs a good buffing... and the motors run... But for $3500 that's easily in the ball park of a project boat.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Panther
Yes, I know the owner. I have his contact details.

He is the original owner of the boat. It was rigged at MRD and was supposed to be a raceboat but Ron bought it as a pleasure boat.

As far as the internalls fo the boat I really don't know, I haven't had my head under the hatch for a long time. I needs interior and the hull needs either a good buffing or paint. I know he put a new mercury engine package in the boat and the drive was serviced not long ago. I'm pretty sure it's all original paint/gel. Not sure what trailer either, I know he has one but it stays in the rack.

Before I knew he put a new engine package in, I made him an offer that was significantly lower than asking, he didn't bite. Maybe if someone can get close to the number and within reason he'll let it go. As the saying goes, $$$ talks!
If its not out of your way is there any possible way you can get me some pics of the interior and the engine compartment? I understand it needs a new interior, I'd like to see how its laid out and the type of seats in it as I have seen Scouts with 2 different type of front seats. Also can you find out what kind of trailer comes with it? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

This one needs work so the $10K asking is a bit high to me. I found 2 O/B powered Apache 22's and both can be had for $3500, yeah they both need new interiors and the hull needs a good buffing... and the motors run... But for $3500 that's easily in the ball park of a project boat.
He's not going to go for 3500, that's for sure.

If you're serious about the boat I can put you in touch with him. He doesn't need to sell it but if someone wanted it he would let them take it off his hands but not for a steal.

If that were the case it would be sitting in my driveway.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I wasn't suggesting I was going to offer him $3500... just stating what else is out there and what they can be had for.

I am interested if he is willing to move on the price and the boat can be had for less than $10K... I can't tell you what I would offer without seeing the interior, knowing what motor he dropped in there or knowing what condition the trailer is in. If he is firm on the $10K price... I am not going to bother as there are much nicer boats that can be had for that amount of cash, believe me I have been looking and the boat market has taken a dive, boats are not bringing in nearly what they used to, its the economy.

I am about 3 hours from the NJ / NY border... so a drive to just come and look at a boat is a day trip for me, that's why I asked if I could get a pic of the interior and if you knew what the trailer was.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I found 2 O/B powered Apache 22's and both can be had for $3500, yeah they both need new interiors and the hull needs a good buffing... and the motors run... But for $3500 that's easily in the ball park of a project boat.
Saw that boat too, looked like a great deal, especially if it runs well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.