wer did the 45 Apache Kid go? >

wer did the 45 Apache Kid go?

Notices

wer did the 45 Apache Kid go?

Old 11-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
and there ya have it. When looking at any of these older race/pleasure boats, liken it to finding a classic muscle car, say a 70 Chevelle SS LS6, you are going to have to go through it from top to bottom and make everything right or pay the money to buy one done. Either way it is going to cost a good amount of coin to do it right, in the end if you are redoing one for the love of redoing it, it is priceless, if you're doing it to flip it, be prepared to own it until the right buyer comes along.
and as newer boats become available the urge to dump 100K into a 25-30 year old boat becomes less likely nevermind selling it for a profit. But Apaches, like LS6's are cool.....
Old 11-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
and there ya have it. When looking at any of these older race/pleasure boats, liken it to finding a classic muscle car, say a 70 Chevelle SS LS6, you are going to have to go through it from top to bottom and make everything right or pay the money to buy one done. Either way it is going to cost a good amount of coin to do it right, in the end if you are redoing one for the love of redoing it, it is priceless, if you're doing it to flip it, be prepared to own it until the right buyer comes along.
Amen. I did that 45 for the love of the boat and I was honestly planning to keep it forever, but it's funny how starting a family can change things in your life!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by later
were did it go was all over the oso few years back now no a word.

later
The boat is located in South Carolina at Carolina Marine our family business and the entire family has been having a blast in it!! Sorry to have taken the boat out of the Apache Thread and no updated photos or updates. Due to previous threads and individuals that I thought insulted my intelligence about these boats that I have such a passion for I chose not to participate on the threads. I am an Apache enthusiast and I love the history of these boats and have owned several of these boats from 47's to the 41's and currently am building a '47 that we converted from a triple to a staggered set-up. This is a rare Carbon/Kevlar '47. As far as the triple engine debate these boats will perform better in today's situations with a twin engine set-up than a triple engine set-up ever could. As far as being the fastest V-Hull at the Poker Run--in today's conditions the Apache should not be your choice. If they would run these poker runs in small craft advisories then we would see who has the fastest boat. Confused on the thread from Baja555 about the weight of the boat being to heavy the boat weighs alot less then you might think also this is a race boat not one of Mark's tanks he sent over seas. The 47 that we converted to a staggered set up should run over 100MPH on pump gas and she was built like a tank.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by carolinamarine
The boat is located in South Carolina at Carolina Marine our family business and the entire family has been having a blast in it!! Sorry to have taken the boat out of the Apache Thread and no updated photos or updates. Due to previous threads and individuals that I thought insulted my intelligence about these boats that I have such a passion for I chose not to participate on the threads. I am an Apache enthusiast and I love the history of these boats and have owned several of these boats from 47's to the 41's and currently am building a '47 that we converted from a triple to a staggered set-up. This is a rare Carbon/Kevlar '47. As far as the triple engine debate these boats will perform better in today's situations with a twin engine set-up than a triple engine set-up ever could. As far as being the fastest V-Hull at the Poker Run--in today's conditions the Apache should not be your choice. If they would run these poker runs in small craft advisories then we would see who has the fastest boat. Confused on the thread from Baja555 about the weight of the boat being to heavy the boat weighs alot less then you might think also this is a race boat not one of Mark's tanks he sent over seas. The 47 that we converted to a staggered set up should run over 100MPH on pump gas and she was built like a tank.
Best of luck and thanks for the update. If there is website that we "non haters" can take a look at any pics or updates please post because I would love to take a look.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish someone would put a pair of turbines in a 47 and see how fast it would be. And I'm with baywatch.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Catmando;3263503]Also a good point...

Tres I saw a Marauder that went to Luca Fendi in Italy and it had trips with two motors in front. Did Braver do that because of CG issues or what?[/QUOT

Its hard to say, Have no idea what these builders are trying to do. They may wanted to have forward CG to soften the ride.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Also a good point...

Tres I saw a Marauder that went to Luca Fendi in Italy and it had trips with two motors in front. Did Braver do that because of CG issues or what?
Yes, the first 9 marauders were built with the reverse set up to account for the CG. The last one built "Five-o" was the first to have the standered triple set up. They were nervous about the CG on the nee 50 until the first sea trial. Ran flawless! Triple merc 700's, boat ran just over 100.

Back to hot ducks old boat....
Old 12-01-2010, 07:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awdSnaoWIog
A rough sea offshore powerhouse! Post some pic's if you have them. I could look at pic's of that boat all day, everyday. LOL!
Video courtesy of FreezeFrame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPSWkM7pNVk
Also, I agree with Baja555 about the triple engines/drives being the superior setup for power/speed/durability, but wow! the $. A great Apache!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfSldmEfqsk

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 12-01-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

By the way, not to totally derail this thread, but I see a 42 in the classifieds that looks just like HotDucks old 45, even looks to have been converted to twins from tripples. Sweet ride!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o32942-en.html
Old 12-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

The best "big" Apache deal out there right now is Medicine Man......for the price of a 41 you get a 47!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.