wer did the 45 Apache Kid go? >

wer did the 45 Apache Kid go?

Notices

wer did the 45 Apache Kid go?

Old 12-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
The best "big" Apache deal out there right now is Medicine Man......for the price of a 41 you get a 47!
I agree but the fuel and maintenance would become quite the burden for a working stiff like me. I built my boat barn to go that big but after pulling a 47' fountain in and out of my barn the last couple days I would think that a 47 apache would require a serious hauler (my 3500 wouldn't cut it).

As far as the deals the "chief" 41' is a pretty serious bargain as well. Pretty much a redone 41' for the price of a 36'.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baywatch
I agree but the fuel and maintenance would become quite the burden for a working stiff like me. I built my boat barn to go that big but after pulling a 47' fountain in and out of my barn the last couple days I would think that a 47 apache would require a serious hauler (my 3500 wouldn't cut it).

As far as the deals the "chief" 41' is a pretty serious bargain as well. Pretty much a redone 41' for the price of a 36'.
I think an F650 or a Peterbilt like Hot Duck had would be best for a 47 Apache...
Old 12-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed! Beautiful Apache!
Old 12-04-2010, 04:20 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no idea where to start so I will leave this debate to all of you in it at the moment!!!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hot Duck
There was a time when I would agree with you, but when I first got the boat and took it to Tres Martin to have it done he talked me out of converting it back to a triple setup. I was going to go back to triples, but he explained to me that horsepower is horsepower. The boat will run the same speed or better with twin 1200s as it will with triple 800s. In this example 2400 horsepower is 2400 horsepower no matter how you cut it, but with three engines instead of two you will burn nearly 50% more fuel which means that you need to carry more to go the same distance as twins (more weight), you have 50% more maintenance with the third engine and you are always carrying the extra weight of the third engine. Tres also explained that back in the late 80s you did not have the "reliable" big horsepower engines like we have now so to get to that kind of total horsepower they had to run three engines. When Tres explaind these things to me I decided to take his word for it and stick with twins. I figured he knew what he was talking about because he raced agains this boat in Little Caesars and has spent a lot of time with these big Apaches.

I have no doubt that the boat was faster when it was new, but that was simply because it had more horsepower. Back then the boat had triple 850s, so that would be a total of 2550hp versus the 2000 that I was running. I would think that it would be the extra 550hp and some other minor things set up for racing vs pleasure boating that would make the 10mph or so speed difference. With an equal amount of power I have no doubt that the boat would still run over 100mph today, but when I took the boat to Tres I simply told him that I wanted a nice pleasure boat that would run better than 80mph, so that is what he did.
Originally Posted by Tres
Not only that, I didnt see that it would be smart to have my customer spend more money than the boat was worth to convert it back and he would never get that money back when he sold it.
Amen Tres!! And we(Wil) all know how easy that sale was when Wil went to sell her!?? Ended up trading her to FastBoats ... real shame. Paul wanted that boat bad ... and he still does.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 2,948 Likes on 978 Posts

Originally Posted by sean stinson
I have no idea where to start so I will leave this debate to all of you in it at the moment!!!!!
Don't act like you got better things to do Apache god!

Spill it.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Don't act like you got better things to do Apache god!

Spill it.
Sean has a real job, now. He's a slave to the man.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
I think an F650 or a Peterbilt like Hot Duck had would be best for a 47 Apache...
That setup worked really well. With that truck you could just set the cruise control, sit back and relax.
Attached Thumbnails wer did the 45 Apache Kid go?-full-rig-side.jpg   wer did the 45 Apache Kid go?-full-side.jpg   wer did the 45 Apache Kid go?-p1050105.jpg  

Old 12-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree but the fuel and maintenance would become quite the burden.....
Maintenance was not too bad as long as you stayed on top of it, but those engines could drink some fuel. The last year we had it in Jacksonville for the poker run (2007) we ran 800 gallons through it in the three days we were there! No joke!! Here are a few pics from that run.
Attached Thumbnails wer did the 45 Apache Kid go?-helicopter-1.jpg   wer did the 45 Apache Kid go?-helicopter-2.jpg   wer did the 45 Apache Kid go?-p1050244.jpg  

wer did the 45 Apache Kid go?-p1050245.jpg   wer did the 45 Apache Kid go?-p1050252.jpg  

Last edited by Hot Duck; 12-08-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's cold outside so I'll post two more pictures to remind those of us up north of the warmer weather! Man I miss that boat.
Attached Thumbnails wer did the 45 Apache Kid go?-p1050258.jpg   wer did the 45 Apache Kid go?-p1050259.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.