Ghost Runner's Happy New Owners >

Ghost Runner's Happy New Owners

Notices

Ghost Runner's Happy New Owners

Old 07-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Btharbold
Yes the drives were that color when we got it, and have been that way as long as it has been Ghost Runner, at least as I understand it. They were no doubt a lot brighter years ago. I think we are going to do them a bright flourescent green when we repaint them. They have faded to kind of a mustard shade with a hint of green.
Fluorescent Green would look awesome, it does kinda stick out in those pictures lol... still looks great.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Everyone,

Couple questions for you Apache gurus. Did some routine maintenance this weekend and ran the boat again, had another good run. Looks like in flat water with about half a load of fuel and 5 people we are running 75 MPH @ 5 grand, crusing at 60 MPH @ 4 grand. Motors build power to 6200 so my math based on that puts it around 93 or so top end.

How do you guys burn down your fuel load, do these boats prefer the weight in the rear saddles or the bow tank, we have been using the bow tank last to keep some weight in the nose. Perhaps we should be doing the opposite. Our boat has 1.62 ratio # 6's on it, and honestly I dont know the specs on the props. It would be fun to play around with some. Props are 5 blade Rollas, turning in right now. Tried calculating the pitch but without knowing slip you cant solve for pitch.

I am sure getting into some rougher water would help, but we havent had a good rough day yet to see what the differences are. Hard to believe that the MPH figures could be swayed that much by fuel load in these tanks, what do some of you experience?

Thanks,

Brad
Old 07-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to do the math it's pitch X rpm's divided by gear ratio. Then divded by 1056. This gives you top speed then X by .90. Ten % is average slip.
The following users liked this post:
I'CE (01-09-2021)
Old 07-19-2012, 08:06 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Btharbold
Hi Everyone,

Couple questions for you Apache gurus. Did some routine maintenance this weekend and ran the boat again, had another good run. Looks like in flat water with about half a load of fuel and 5 people we are running 75 MPH @ 5 grand, crusing at 60 MPH @ 4 grand. Motors build power to 6200 so my math based on that puts it around 93 or so top end.
Brad
Sounds about right to me... Hammerhead ran just about the same top speed with similar power that you have...

what size props? 29" pitch?

Only one way to find out, flog it!

Last edited by Panther; 07-19-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Registered

Geronimo is an incredible ride. *Thanks for allowing me to tag along for Rock the Bay! *Always funny to hear some people complain about getting beat up in the "rough stuff". *Seemed like a leisurely cruise on the bay, not sure what they were talking about. **

I'll send pics and videos your way this week.

Confirmed that the custom parts on order have a 2-3 week lead time. *All goes according to plan, we should have an opportunity to do a run together this fall. *

Brad and I spent the day doing some cosmetic work in the bilge. *Can never leave well enough alone, always chasing perfection.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ApacheGhost
Geronimo is an incredible ride. *Thanks for allowing me to tag along for Rock the Bay! *Always funny to hear some people complain about getting beat up in the "rough stuff". *Seemed like a leisurely cruise on the bay, not sure what they were talking about. **

I'll send pics and videos your way this week.

Confirmed that the custom parts on order have a 2-3 week lead time. *All goes according to plan, we should have an opportunity to do a run together this fall. *

Brad and I spent the day doing some cosmetic work in the bilge. *Can never leave well enough alone, always chasing perfection.
Thanks for the nice compliments.

It was great meeting you and glad you came with us on the poker run. One Apache brother to another!

Looking forward to making some runs together!
Old 08-26-2012, 06:59 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Ryan,

Here are some photo's from the poker run last weekend;
http://photos.powerboatphotos.com/p454937782

Frank
Old 08-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Registered

Any other Apache's going out labor day weekend ?
Old 08-26-2012, 09:05 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

540....Do you own Warpaint?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Registered

Yes, I still have alot of work to do - interior , repaint , new dash etc.... but it runs great , I rebuilt the 540's in 09 and just put new xr's with imco lowers on from Dimarco Marine. I am having too much fun running it to lay it up. Hopefully next year I can get started on the rest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.