Ghost Runner's Happy New Owners

Notices

Ghost Runner's Happy New Owners

Old 01-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by tjhuyser
just came across this thread...I saw your Apache when I got a slip the tail end of 11 from jack, in the same complex..almost caused at least 4 accidents from me rubber necking as I went by!! quick question...I just picked up a 35 Sonic, kept my Chappy down in Bush River last year..Money is a little tighter, (from buying the Sonic) thinking of trailering it for the first year...is the public ramp at the end of port deposit big enough to handle the 35? remembering having enough room for the 28..
My friend Bob launches his 31 Scarab down there. The ramp looks pretty big to me but I've never launched there.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
My friend Bob launches his 31 Scarab down there. The ramp looks pretty big to me but I've never launched there.
might have to take a ride down and re-examine...motor for my sonic is costing some extra cash, might have to scratch the slip
Old 01-12-2013, 08:21 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The ramp next to Tomes landing will handle your boat depending on the tides. There is a bit of underwater grasses also. If the tide is unusually low it may be better to go to the ramp in Perryville (permit required). I use the ramp in Perryville occasionally. When I do I use the side of the ramp that is on the down river side. I hit something on the other side of the ramp when I dropped it in reverse and ruined a brand new prop. We kept our boat at Tomes for 10 years and used both of these ramps. Good luck with your engine and we'll see you out on the water.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Registered

Default well, thats good news..

thanks for the extra info addiction...I know that they are very tight with permits for out of staters at Perryville, so I might get one of those just in case, but..since the motor is gonna cost me about $3k at the machine shop, I'll definitely be trailering...Now the big question is going to be How friendly btharbold will be to a lowly Sonic owner..lol, I know that you can't park overnight at the public ramp, so btharbold, would you be gracious enough to occasionally allow me to park my truck and trailer at your place if I decide to do an overnight??
Old 02-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Port ramp will be a stretch with a 35 footer. We regularly launched our 30 Scarab there, but with a crew cab dually it was tight, especially if idiots were parked in the no parking zones near the ramp. Biggest problem with the longer boats and trucks will be getting over the rr tracks without getting hung up. Would never dream of it with the Apache, we wet launch GR in Perryville, nice long ramp there with parking for bigger trailers.

Brad
The following users liked this post:
Shaneshaller20 (05-23-2023)
Old 02-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Registered

that's what I understand, only problem, is that you need a permit if you are out of state (like me) and they only issue something like 15 a year as I understand...plus, can you park overnight at Perryville?
Old 05-23-2023, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ghost runner

I would always see that Apache sitting in port while I was on the school bus back when I was in middle school.. one of my favorite apaches.. would love to sit it in person tearing up the Chesapeake!
The following users liked this post:
Rhythm and Blues (05-23-2023)