Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Ghost Runner's Happy New Owners >

Ghost Runner's Happy New Owners

Notices

Ghost Runner's Happy New Owners

Old 07-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a quick video my wife took the first day we were out, pardon the squashed screen, must be an I phone thing. Hope to get better video soon. I want to get her out on her Jet Ski so she can get some pics/video of us running, and a couple good fly bys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY5AUMcJZ4M
Old 07-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Btharbold
Hey Frank,

Yea a little tab will take it out, but I hate dragging tabs since you know its shaving a little speed doing it. Guess the answer is more throttle! Hope to catch up with you guys soon. We run to Sand Island alot as its close to our house, also we will head over to the Bohemia a couple times this year, we have some friends who keep a boat at Hacks Point and the sand bar up there is a fun place to hang out. Will probably get to the Nauti Goose a time or two. Where do you usually boat?
We usually go to of the places you've mentioned plus Lloyd's, Jelly's and Still Pond for the most part. I've only been here a year so I'm still exploring the area. We actually went to Sand Island on the 4th.

This past Saturday we had a fun-run down to Waterman's in Rock Hall. We had about 12 boats meet up at Turkey Point @ noon and made the run and there were 35 people at the lunch stop despite the 100+ degree weather. After lunch we headed over to still pond for a raft-up the rest of the afternoon.

My house is about 10 minutes from the Bohemia so if we have a late day out, we'll head over that way. I've been to the sand bar in the Bohemia just before the bridge on the left side. I understand a bunch of people go past the bridge but I haven't done that yet.

I live on the Elk near the mouth of the C&D on the Western shore. If you ever head to the Inn, look to your left about a 1/2 mile just before entering the Canal and wave! l can see all the boats heading to/from the Inn on the weekends.

Last edited by Panther; 07-09-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Registered

A few pics, on the lift in the slip.

The fork trucks got it off the trailer, that was about it.

When we got the drives back from Colabella we decided the lowers would look better brushed out, I like them better that way, sure is a lot easier to keep than paint. Grabbed some prop covers for when we are out swimming around the boat, I know I would be the first one with stitches.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:05 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good. I've always liked it.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 367 Likes on 211 Posts

Love it!!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were the drives originally yellow? Looks great
Old 07-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very Nice!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Braydon
Were the drives originally yellow? Looks great
Yes the drives were that color when we got it, and have been that way as long as it has been Ghost Runner, at least as I understand it. They were no doubt a lot brighter years ago. I think we are going to do them a bright flourescent green when we repaint them. They have faded to kind of a mustard shade with a hint of green.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Registered

Thanks for the kind words guys. Its funny, were the only go fast in the wet marina where we keep the boat. So far no one has seemed to object to the boat, it does stick out like crazy in the crowd of cruisers and pleasure boats. No one has asked me about the giant "69" yet, they probably have drawn their own conclusion Its kind of funny, as you walk down the pier we are on from the end, all you see is the "69" on the bow right in front of you.

When we light it up, everyone seems to stop what they are doing and stare at us, it was great the first time docking Memorial Day weekend when I had no clue what I was doing (probably still dont for that matter), and only one screw would stay running, needless to say I had an audience!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

41's are a great looking offshore powerboat...especially with 6's!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.