Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered

28 apache Brave any good?

hey everyone im currently buying a boat and was wondering if the 28 ft apache brave YR 1989 any good has 2 454 Mercurys' Bravo 1 drives

Gold Member Gold Member endeavor1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    43 Black Thunder
    I know TxPowerboaters is a nice riding machine and runs well with 502's. Its forsale on here

Platinum Member Platinum Member delsol's Avatar
    My Boats:
    97 41' Saber --Ancestral Spirit
    Overall they are great boats -- very tough-- and can handle bigger water than most any other 28'. It won't be the fastest on flat water but will keep up to alot of boats when its rough conditions.
    that being said, as any boat it depends on how that particular boat was taken care of -- 22 year old boat.

I miss mine...
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -- Mario Andretti

Registered
    delsol i thought you bought a new boat this year what is it called agian jiimaan??

My Boats:
    Ya just can't quit kickin a guy when he's down can ya? lol
    Well i was at Put in bay for xmas, were you?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -- Mario Andretti

Registered
    thanks alot for the tips guys

My Boats:
    1990 28 Apache SOLD!, 1990 16 Wahoo DC, 1973 40 Kingscraft
    There great boats. You won't find a better balanced 28ft boat with twin big blocks. It has really great freeboard, cabin headroom, and roomy engine bay for 28ft. Also handles the rough water beter than any other twin engine 28ft boat. Electrical and other components are all top notch offshore quality.

As with any boat you should pay special attention to the wear items. Lot of people overlook the gimbals and transom assemblies. They don't last very long......maybe 250-300 hours with rough water use and are big money to replace......like $5-7K easy. My transom assemblies were replaced sometime early 2000 by the previous owner and have about 60 hours on them. Check it out here http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o40763-en.html Great boat, price is negotiable. Freshwater since refurbish.

VP of the tickfaw200 Offshoreonly Advertiser caseyh's Avatar
    My Boats:
    88 cigarette bullet, 2000 Baja 25 outlaw sold
    What kind of seas can they handle Running at a good speed?also what is the waight of one?

My Boats:
    1990 28 Apache SOLD!, 1990 16 Wahoo DC, 1973 40 Kingscraft
    They were advertised as 7,000lbs dry, but may fluctuate some. I've ran in 3-4's heavy lake chop pretty well. I think in the ocean it could handle 5-6's with the right driver. Lots of fun in rough water, even at low speeds. Nice thing is the high free board so everyone can stand up without feeling like your getting tossed out. Also carries the bow very well.

My Boats:
    it's not what the boat can handle--- it's what can the people on board handle?
    I've been out in pretty nasty Lake Erie water 5-6 fters, and the boat didn't like it until we were running 50+ mph. At that speed the attitude of the boat was right level and skipping from crest to crest.
    My boat weighed in at 7400lbs. And with the 700's i saw 86 mph. By no means a fast ride, but was a good ride for a 28. I can't think of too many other 28's that i would want to go out in the stuff we did and run like that.

Weakest link was usually the passengers, or the Bravo's -- in that order....

Water will not break a 28 hull...

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast