This is in no way shape or form a complete list, but here is what I have put together and found for 47 ft Apache's. I have photos of many of these boats, hopefully someone can assist in posting photos. Please feel free to make any revisions etc.
1. Yellow Kramer race boat
2. PTM/Lucky Strike US Offshore Paceboat (Kramers back up boat) AKA US offshore pace boat (American Flag paint scheme)
4. Little Ceasars
5. The Dealer aka Broken Arrow
6. RDS Kid Apache Kid (45')
7. Tweet Revenge aka Paleface
10. Medicine Man
11. Boss Hogg aka Quick Tempered
12. War Party
14. Mega Toy (45' boat)?
15. Apache Hertiage (45' boat)
16. For Your Eyes Only
17. Running Brave aka Spirit of Apache
18. Miami to NY Race boat (maybe was a 47' but the beam appeared wider)
19. Fighter One
20. Joe Kinser's boat on Lake Lanier
21. Lil Can
22. American Flag, Pleasure Setup
Last edited by Comanche3Six; 12-02-2012 at 08:18 AM.
i believe megatoy was a mcmanus 42 commanche and apache heritage is a 47
I don't think llil can is an Apache it's a Comanche .
Wow thanks for posting the video of that 47! In terms of the other changes, I have read varying posts over the years that said Apache Heritage was a cut down 47'. See this post here that states it was cut down, I can't find the other post that I think said it was cut down a few feet to see over the bow when sitting. apache heritage
this is the list I have saved. Like the 41 list I am not sure of its accuracy. Just word of mouth from others. Feel free to copy/make changes to it
1. KRAMER's YELLOW RACE BOAT:
2. LUCKY STRIKE previously PTM EXPRESS and US OFFSHORE: said to be Kramers back up race boat. Sank in 1994 due to a cracked sea strainer. Now resides at turbine marine awaiting installation of turbines and Arneson surface drives. http://turbinemarine.se/filmer/apache47.wmv
3. INXS: previous 3 pack race boat Triple 705ci / 1200hp Cobras Center engine has crash box, port and starboard have trans. Wet sump #6's
4. LITTLE CAESARS: previous race boat. involved in a highway accident and ended up damaged in the median. It was then unrigged and repaired after the accident. Came up for sale a few years back being all white, with a pleasure style dash and no power or drives
5. BROKEN ARROW: previously THE DEALER: Recent restoration that include new interior, swept back skeg #6's, and triple CHIEF 1200 hp TT motors. said to weigh 22,500 lbs
6. LYNCH MOB Previously RDS, APACHE KID, and SPIRIT OF HOUSTON: blocked off in the mold to 45'. Only true 45 in existence (APACHE HERITAGE was cut down to produce its shorter length). Originally a triple engine #6 race boat that was later converted to a pleasure boat by Mark McManus. Conversion involved pleasure cockpit and conversion to a side by side engine configuration. In place of the removed third engine was a removable cover that allowed 2 additional bolsters or a sunpad. Engines were carolina racing 1000's and boat reportedly ran well (upper 80's). Boat traded to Fastboats and then it went to NC. Last seen at Carolina Marine in SC
7. PALE FACE: previously TWEET REVENGE: 1992 APACHE six pack race boat. retired race boat. Converted to a pleasure 5 person cockpit with custom hatch by Michael Freedman. Now powered by Triple 1050 h.p. - 653 c.i. Supercharged, Fuel-Injected Keith Eickert Motors ~ #6 Dry-Sump Mercury Drives on Extension Boxes. Said to have run 121 with 1350hp blower motors.
8. FIREWATER: tripple 2007 622 c.i. 1100 Stotler racing motors, #6 wet sump drives. Said to weigh 22,000lb. Still owned by the original owner. The boat has been raced in OPA by owner (he throttled and drove, but had another person on board as the rules required there to be two people in the boat).
9. OCTAVIAN:1989 pleasure 47
10. MEDICINE MAN previously CARDIAC ARREST: Originally built as 1989 Center steer six pack boat. Sister boat to 41 CARDIAC ARREST (now JESTER). The original owner was said to have been a home builder on long island that had a heart problem. Later converted by McManus to a 47 pleasure and renamed MEDICINE MAN. Now powered by triple 750hp NA Chiefs. Mercury big shaft IV drives. Previously owned by TONTO and then sold to Chicago. Recently resold and now at CHIEF engines to be freshened up
11. JOKER previously BOSS HOGG then QUICK TEMPERED: originally 1990 pleasure 47. Boat was completely restored it with new paint, 6 pack cockpit, and converted to twin staggered 1300 hp sterling motors with dry sump #6s. Boat was traded to Outerlimits. Purchased by new owner in September of 2010 and repowered by 1150 hp Larry's Marine motors detuned to run on pump gas.
12. WAR PARTY: Supposedly $1 million new. A battery charger was left running on the rear seat inside of he garage and caught boat on fire. Cockpit burned to rub rail. Purchased by man in GA as salvage and stripped it and parted it out. Recently sold and said to be undergoing a restoration.
13. KEMOSABE: said to weigh 17,500 lbs. Longest deck of all 47's (APACHE had no 47 deck mold, they would use the 41 deck mold then piece in the desired extra amount). Same size engine compartment as other 47's but cockpit the size of a 41 required a long deck. Spends the winter in Naples FL and the summers in Michigan. Said to be the best running and balanced 47 made.
14. PATRIOT: 1992 construction using Kevlar 49 and pure carbon fiber. 6 pack race boat. Thought to be the 47 located in Ibiza with 3 Zul 930 HP motors and #6 wet sump drives. Recent restoration by McManus. Now powered by Triple Teague Custom Marine 1000HP Engines.
15. APACHE HERITAGE(45' boat): Despite the number 50 on the side it was laid up with the 47' mold. Being a sit down boat visibility was an issue. Conseqently McManus had the front of the deck but lose from the hull all the way back to the canopy, then commenced to cut about another 18" or so out of the nose. The deck was then dropped down on the hull glassed together. Powered by triple Merc 1000s and wet sump #6s. said to have run 115mph
16. FOR YOUR EYES ONLY
17. SPIRIT OF APACHE previously RUNNING BRAVE: originally pleasure 47 that was brought back from St. Tropez. Underwent $1.2 million restoration at McManus that include new deck (now considered a 2006). Now powered by triple 1300s (custom 665 cu.in PSI blower motors) and dry sump #6s. Said to now run 118 MPH.
18. FIGHTER ONE: McManus restoration and shipped overseas. Underwent another redo recently in which a bussle was added along with a new paint scheme
19. NEGATIVE REACTION: 91 47' Apache. Originally powered by triple 900s. Boat is kept on Lake Allatoona in GA. Rumor has it the name came from the reaction of the original owner of ALLEZ VITE (41) upon seeing his paint scheme copied. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRt-l...ature=youtu.be
20. LIL CAN previously ISIKLAR:
21. POWER BOAT RACING TEAM: Pleasure 47 now located in Japan with 2 KE 850s and 1 Teaue 800 EFI. American flag paint scheme.
22. TATANIA aka KING OF SPAIN and SMOKIN' APACHE now unnamed: Was a white/purple 47 located on LOTO brokered by custom marine sales. Underwent a recent restoration at McManus's. Seen in KW in 2011. repowered with NA 750hp 540s and Konrad drives on boxes. Said to run 83 mph.
Last edited by nate; 12-03-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Number 11. Quick tempered was purchased back in Sept. of 2010 and the new owner put dry sump 6's with 1150 hp Larry's marine motors that have been dialed back slightly to run on pump gas.
I have some other changes as well to add but great job Nate.
Arneson Surface Drives
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Erickson Marine Corp
Fastboats Marine Group
Grand Sports Center
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Legend Marine Group
Marine Technology Inc
OffShore Racing Organization
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
X Xtreme Marine