Value of 41 apache vs 41 saber??? >

Value of 41 apache vs 41 saber???

Notices

Value of 41 apache vs 41 saber???

Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apache has history, Saber has molds...

If I had the loot I would buy Clifford and yank the Mercs. Install big blown old school power with dru Stellings.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

A different spin on the topic by starting with a question - Are any other 41 Saber's for sale for comparison? I found a 2000 boat listed for 150k but it was a repo deal.

If the gentleman who commissioned Clifford didn't succumb to his illness, would the boat be a) even listed or b) what would his asking price be. Just making argument regarding the price of Clifford compared to the Apaches in the same region of asking price.The circumstances behind this sale/price is different than someone trying to move a boat or selling before the bank shows up for it.

A lot of the Apache's are listed for what they would have almost been purchased for BUT they are not moving either - some of the classifieds are the same boats as 1+ ago and others will be there for another year
Old 01-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

i wouldnt mind Ancestral Spirit either. another sweeeeet ride
Old 01-10-2013, 08:45 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not much different then names. Been in all 4 of the 41's Saber put out and multiple 41 apaches and seem to all ride amazing. Been 105 in Clifford, 108 in WW, 102 in ancestral and 94 in the triple after Tommy at Chief got his hands on it. Either way both names build the strongest boats.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Registered

where does cheif fall into all of this??

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o48985-en.html
Old 01-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by speicher lane
A different spin on the topic by starting with a question - Are any other 41 Saber's for sale for comparison? I found a 2000 boat listed for 150k but it was a repo deal.

If the gentleman who commissioned Clifford didn't succumb to his illness, would the boat be a) even listed or b) what would his asking price be. Just making argument regarding the price of Clifford compared to the Apaches in the same region of asking price.The circumstances behind this sale/price is different than someone trying to move a boat or selling before the bank shows up for it.

A lot of the Apache's are listed for what they would have almost been purchased for BUT they are not moving either - some of the classifieds are the same boats as 1+ ago and others will be there for another year
If you put the Saber next to most of the 41's in the classifieds you will see major differences. Plus your talking a dry sump #6 boat staggered on extension boxes. So really there aren't many 41s in the classifieds you can compare it to. Apaches with the same set up go for more then that but in my opinion don't run any better in the rough. All are awesome and would love to own one some day!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 88bullet
where does cheif fall into all of this??

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o48985-en.html
can't compare flat bottom to stepped hull. still a sweet boat with awesome motors and drive train
Old 01-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Apache has history, Saber has molds...
+1

First off, nothing against Saber. They are badass boats but i think about it like this. A kit car cobra (i.e Factory Five MK4) utilizes more advanced components arguably making its performance and build quality much better than an original Shelby AC cobra. However, we all know which car brings more money on the auction block. The kit car lacks the true history and direct tie to the man himself. Consequently, while the kit car remains a quality product, it is deemed less desirable and will forever remain less valuable. One may argue this example does not reflect the prices of Apaches vs. Sabers but the point I'm trying to make lies in the allure of an Apache vs. a Saber
Old 01-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Registered

my bad didnt even notice the step in the cheif. they are all out of my price range im just trying to get a little education
Old 01-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by nate
+1

First off, nothing against Saber. They are badass boats but i think about it like this. A kit car cobra (i.e Factory Five MK4) utilizes more advanced components arguably making its performance and build quality much better than an original Shelby AC cobra. However, we all know which car brings more money on the auction block. The kit car lacks the true history and direct tie to the man himself. Consequently, while the kit car remains a quality product, it is deemed less desirable and will forever remain less valuable. One may argue this example does not reflect the prices of Apaches vs. Sabers but the point I'm trying to make lies in the allure of an Apache vs. a Saber
Give Saber a good economy like Apache did in its hay day, someone that can sell and run the company and I think they could make history. Be sweet if they could put out a 47.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.