Value of 41 apache vs 41 saber???

Notices

Value of 41 apache vs 41 saber???

Old 01-12-2013, 05:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nate
+1

First off, nothing against Saber. They are badass boats but i think about it like this. A kit car cobra (i.e Factory Five MK4) utilizes more advanced components arguably making its performance and build quality much better than an original Shelby AC cobra. However, we all know which car brings more money on the auction block. The kit car lacks the true history and direct tie to the man himself. Consequently, while the kit car remains a quality product, it is deemed less desirable and will forever remain less valuable. One may argue this example does not reflect the prices of Apaches vs. Sabers but the point I'm trying to make lies in the allure of an Apache vs. a Saber
So in other words If you wanna be 100% Racing, get the FFR Cobra or the Saber/Chief/Pantera then (and hope to be competitive against what's out there nowadays).
Don't see BobbyS rigging any old one of his to The London-Monte race.
If you wanna sit on it get the old Cobra/A41 and be loud about it's history in the parking lot/vintage race/poker run while the newer ones are making it, right ?
That's one of the reasons you do not see A41's racing much outthere anymore..except at Cowes recently. Nobody wants to be the one that's remembered breaking a vintage while running hard and that's not how Cobras or A41's where meant to live.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 01-12-2013 at 05:38 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:22 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nykamp
Both are great boats with an amazing ride, I used to detail a few Apaches and all the Sabers. I miss Jerry a ton, wish he was still here! These boats are all different , you can not compare any Apache to another because they where all done one off builts that there is likely no 2 alike. Floor height to every thing about the boat was custom built to the original owner specs. I am old school I like Apaches Kevlar lay up better, each to there own. Been in big water in both, my wife an I are in Clifford in the smoke video, great day with Jerry and Kristen. I hope somebody grabs Cliifford like Dan did with WW, and truly loves her like Jerry did and care for her.
wish i could buy your boat!! be a blast out here on the pacific!! lost my best friend a few months ago to that stupid war over seas so I know how you're feeling about missing your little bro!! Jerry was a great guy! hope all is well Steve!!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Saber
Old 01-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nate
+1

First off, nothing against Saber. They are badass boats but i think about it like this. A kit car cobra (i.e Factory Five MK4) utilizes more advanced components arguably making its performance and build quality much better than an original Shelby AC cobra. However, we all know which car brings more money on the auction block. The kit car lacks the true history and direct tie to the man himself. Consequently, while the kit car remains a quality product, it is deemed less desirable and will forever remain less valuable. One may argue this example does not reflect the prices of Apaches vs. Sabers but the point I'm trying to make lies in the allure of an Apache vs. a Saber
All good points and there is little argument about the prices. Apaches have historically held prices pretty good in a very bad market for a while now. That allure will never go away.
NK
Old 01-14-2013, 09:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by cfischer
wish i could buy your boat!! be a blast out here on the pacific!! lost my best friend a few months ago to that stupid war over seas so I know how you're feeling about missing your little bro!! Jerry was a great guy! hope all is well Steve!!
I still have his number in my cell, I spoke to him a week or so before he passed, never let on that he was sick.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
All good points and there is little argument about the prices. Apaches have historically held prices pretty good in a very bad market for a while now. That allure will never go away.
NK
guys that know me know im a big apache fan, been so since they were new but.....

look in the classified, would you pay even half of listed price for most of them?

other than a few very well kept ones most need major restorations costing way more than they would be worth done.

clifford will sell for a price close to asking and it needs nothing, whos in the 100k market for a boat with outdated drives and possibly needing fresh power?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SABER28
guys that know me know im a big apache fan, been so since they were new but.....

look in the classified, would you pay even half of listed price for most of them?

other than a few very well kept ones most need major restorations costing way more than they would be worth done.

clifford will sell for a price close to asking and it needs nothing, whos in the 100k market for a boat with outdated drives and possibly needing fresh power?
you right they are not worth that big money any more im given mine away with out power and moving on to the next boat
Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kidapache
you right they are not worth that big money any more im given mine away with out power and moving on to the next boat
ok fine, can i have it? boats like cars are worth what someone will pay presently. dont be so defensive, i actually like your 41 but who is stepping up with 175k for it?

old saying: s h i t z in one hand and wish in another , then see what you end up with a handful of first.

Last edited by SABER28; 01-14-2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SABER28
ok fine, can i have it? boats like cars are worth what someone will pay presently. dont be so defensive, i actually like your 41 but who is stepping up with 175k for it?

old saying: s h i t z in one hand and wish in another , then see what you end up with a handful of first.
no power for way under $100k
Old 01-14-2013, 11:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kidapache
no power for way under $100k
ok, but... by the time you have motors and headers and trannys you are up there and still have drives that are outdated equipment.

for 175k clifford has modern power and build techniques and is bank financeable.

i think reality needs to set in, kind of like when i realized 25 year old women looked at me like a father figure and not a date for saturday night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.