Apache Scout Restoration

Notices

Apache Scout Restoration

Old 06-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Apache Scout Restoration

For those that don't know, I acquired an Apache Scout in April and began the restoration process soon after. It's a project that I've working on in my spare time and there's no rush. Since April I've rebuilt the engine and started restoring the cosmetics of the boat. In the meantime, we've been using and enjoying the boat. My wife and the kids really get a kick out of it. In fact, my wife has been pushing me to make it look purrdy so she can't take it out on her own.(she says)

Below is a slideshow of the project from before I bought the boat up until present. The first set of pictures (in the rack) I took a few years ago when I was trying to convince my wife that we had to have it. Then the old gal was a victim of Hurricane Sandy so I had to make sure she didn't find her way to the scrap yard since these boats are so rare. Over the course of the next year I plan to restore her to her grandeur but it's been a lot of fun so far!

http://s706.photobucket.com/user/Fun...Apache%20Scout
Old 06-30-2013, 08:56 PM
JnT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will absolutely have a blast with your 21. Looks great!
Old 07-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

We've been having a blast so far, especially the kids!

It's definitely a weird perspective going back and forth between the 36' and the Scout. The 36' cruises a solid 20 mph faster but because it's so much bigger and longer, it doesn't feel like you're running 65 mph. The Scout is so much lower to the water it took some getting used to but 63 feels like 80 mph!

Last edited by Panther; 07-01-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
We've been having a blast so far, especially the kids!

It's definitely a weird perspective going back and forth between the 36' and the Scout. The 36' cruises a solid 20 mph faster but because it's so much bigger and longer, it doesn't feel like you're running 65 mph. The Scout is so much lower to the water it took some getting used to but 63 feels like 80 mph!

Hah, I know what you mean. The nice thing about the scout is you just get in it and go.. It seams like the larger the boat, the bigger the production it is to leave the dock.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a cool little boat. Looks like a lot of fun.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Hah, I know what you mean. The nice thing about the scout is you just get in it and go.. It seams like the larger the boat, the bigger the production it is to leave the dock.
Agreed! For example on Saturday I took the 36' out for the day. I began the day at 8:30AM and spent a half hour checking everything mechanical on the boat by going through my mental checklist before lift-off. Then I spent another hour cleaning the boat. So an hour and a half getting the boat ready to go out for the day.

The Scout on the other hand. I may check the engine oil and drive oil but there's not much else to do. I may not even bother cleaning it, just dip it in and go! The Scout is great for the days where we just want to put around the river or go somewhere for lunch.

There's no replacing the big boat but the little one sure has its place!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Oh yeah, I don't think twice about smashing the stick to the wood in the 21'.

On the 36' I'll think 2, 3, 4 times... lol
Old 07-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking good Frank. I want to eventually add an outboard scout to our fleet. Glad to see you and the family are enjoying your summer.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Thanks Josh, we're making the most of it with work being really hectic. Vacation starts today. Going to spend the day wet sanding the hillsides! Gonna be a long day.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice,

Sometimes ya gotta love the little boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.