Congrats to Jbonz

Notices

Congrats to Jbonz

Old 07-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

mine ran 66 mph but had terrible torque steer when I raised the jack plate to get that speed, but man that thing handled the chop really well never slammed coming off a wake. I used the 280 tabs to get it on plane plus it made it handle the rough better. Great boats, I looked at one years ago red and white with a 454 and trs drive with trans of course and stock manifolds and risers must be so tail heavy but the owner said it would and could run with the bigger boats. I would like to get another one with an I/O.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Ike
mine ran 66 mph but had terrible torque steer when I raised the jack plate to get that speed, but man that thing handled the chop really well never slammed coming off a wake. I used the 280 tabs to get it on plane plus it made it handle the rough better. Great boats, I looked at one years ago red and white with a 454 and trs drive with trans of course and stock manifolds and risers must be so tail heavy but the owner said it would and could run with the bigger boats. I would like to get another one with an I/O.
What Hp do you think your motor was outputting? So far I am impressed with the ride. Just need to dial it in. Was the red inboard the "Red Thunder" boat? I have pictures I copied offline when I saw that inboard scout for sale a while back.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

I don't think it had a name but the interior was red and white stripe,old school. Mine had a 2.5L 260hp FI mercury offshore with milled heads.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I am curious now what mine is running with 300 sbc and Alpha ss. Yhe speedo shows low 60's and 43 @ 3600.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:35 AM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Panther
I am curious now what mine is running with 300 sbc and Alpha ss. Yhe speedo shows low 60's and 43 @ 3600.
I would guess low 60's and maybe 43 @3600