Apache 41 >

Apache 41

Notices

Apache 41

Old 07-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While almost everyone knows you can dump more into these Apache Powerboats than you could ever hope to retrieve by selling (even if you do the work yourself). The fact remains (And will be argued till the end of time it seems) these Apache Powerboats are safe, seawothy, high in build quality, and will blast through nasty water for decades. That is why they are popular and respected by knowledgeable powerboaters in places where (quick changing) rough sea conditions exist. The Great Lakes, and of course the New Jersey coast line are examples. A side note; getting upside down $ in a powerboat is as easy as slipping on a wet boat deck. Tread cautiously.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 07-15-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very few Apaches, especially the older 3 and 6 man race setups, were built which gives it its notoriety. There are just as many buyers of apaches as apaches built. If one was in the market for one, there are not many in supply. Classic supply and demand. While the demand may not be high for the majority, the demand is high for the few. As one can see, fountains, skaters, etc are a dime a dozen. Its like an old 54 chevy compared to a maserati. I bet the 54 chevy will have more admirers. That is what we see at the docs at the races. Our old 86 3pack 41 sitting next to a 40 skater always gets more attention. Just depends on what you want. I grew up in the 80's so I can appreciate the old school
Old 07-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Here's what I think has happened.

When big power #6 Twin step (new technology) boats first started coming out and becoming more popular (say early mid 2000's) the prices were over the $600k range and higher.

So, if somebody was looking for a #6 boat in the $2-300k range basically their only option was buy an old Apache that had been converted.

Well fast forward 10 years and those 3/4 million $ boats are now selling at $100-200k. Now buyers have other options and options that banks will loan $ on.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Registered

Im not sure if I would recommend anyone getting a loan on a high dollar boat. Remember, the purchase is the cheapest part. Our biggest expense has been gas
Old 07-23-2013, 02:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUEyso8vPBM
Old 07-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Here's what I think has happened.

When big power #6 Twin step (new technology) boats first started coming out and becoming more popular (say early mid 2000's) the prices were over the $600k range and higher.

So, if somebody was looking for a #6 boat in the $2-300k range basically their only option was buy an old Apache that had been converted.

Well fast forward 10 years and those 3/4 million $ boats are now selling at $100-200k. Now buyers have other options and options that banks will loan $ on.
I am of the mindset that the only stupid question is the one not asked.

So with that being said, I recommend anyone looking specifically for an Apache give the owners a call and talk to them seriously. Just as you did 302Sport when you approached myself and Brett about your 42' Cig. We don't necessarily want to sell our Apache's to people looking for a fire sale. However, if you're timing is right and the cash is available you might just have a deal. So why not call and if you like what you see, make an offer at what "you" think it's worth. At the end of the day all they can say is no. If they get pissed the F'em but if you really want the boat, make an offer, you may just surprise yourself and actually have to pay up.

On my 36' the sale was complicated and had to be right for the both of us and we met in the middle because I had the cash ready to go. Mind you the boat sat for sale for a LONG time before I came along. Even on my last Scout purchase the owner was very particular about WHO the boat was sold to and less concerned WHAT the boat sold for. If he didn't like me or didn't like my plan for the boat, I wouldn't own it right now.

My $.02 and experience with Apache's.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Registered

Well stated, Panther!