Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice Project, thanks for sharing
Old 08-11-2017, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacation

U guys are hard pushing me,but thats good..smile.Had a small vacation, NeXT week there should be new updates..have a nice weekend
Old 08-11-2017, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,040 Likes on 1,353 Posts

When should we expect the Benjamin's ??
Attached Thumbnails Apache 41 1987 spring project-images4o5z1y83.jpg  
Old 09-05-2017, 08:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts

Nice project, I forgot I read this thread a while back; sub'd now.
Not taking anything away from you I like the fact that this IS NOT some sort of unlimited funds skys the limit build; its good to see a grass roots/shade tree effort so to speak. I like the cockpit layout. What are you installing for a helm assembly? Are the throttles far enough forward to have a good relationship between holding the wheel, your back against the bolster, and your throttle arm being at at 90 or less?
Old 10-08-2017, 05:16 AM
Registered

Default pre install engines..need help

Hi Guys Things are going a Little slow here.. have one engine in for checking wireconn to dash etc..have a couple of ? how do I get the engine trannie all the way in..have a hard time levelling it up?does my way of the alignment seem right with the tool? and last the old holes are a little higher for the exhaust , hate to make new holes any ideas to move my exhaust 1.5-2 inch higher up..spacers? open for ideas..on the pic from inner trans there is a small black hose with a White cap on the ..whats that for..oil in the inner transom whats that for..I know I have a lot of stupid quistions..sorry..just wanna do it right the first time..thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails Apache 41 1987 spring project-trans1.jpg   Apache 41 1987 spring project-innertrans.jpg   Apache 41 1987 spring project-exhaust.jpg  

Old 10-09-2017, 02:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by leif
Hi Guys Things are going a Little slow here. ...oil in the inner transom whats that for..I know I have a lot of stupid quistions..sorry..just wanna do it right the first time..thanks guys
The black cap that says "oil fill" is for toping off the out-drive fluid and to the right of that is the round sight glass to see it full.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi Guys Things are going a Little slow here.. have one engine in for checking wireconn to dash etc..have a couple of ? how do I get the engine trannie all the way in..have a hard time levelling it up?does my way of the alignment seem right with the tool? and last the old holes are a little higher for the exhaust , hate to make new holes any ideas to move my exhaust 1.5-2 inch higher up..spacers? open for ideas..on the pic from inner trans there is a small black hose with a White cap on the ..whats that for..oil in the inner transom whats that for..I know I have a lot of stupid quistions..sorry..just wanna do it right the first time..thanks guys
If you have gill style manifolds you can add wedges to raise the exit point on the pipes
Old 10-21-2017, 06:06 AM
Registered

Transom is solid,boat been sitting many years inside,did a couple of drill holes on inside ,no rot.So im moving forward to install engines..will keep you guys posted..got my 3 man bolster from the shop but wrong colour,so didnt have to pay..
MR. LEIF - Please, You need to reconsider advice / comments on this project, as Mark McManus of Apache has Directed the Original Builds and Rerigs of more Apaches, Cigarettes, other deep vee's and cat's than you have seen in your lietime.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Registered

Update???
Old 12-20-2017, 05:38 AM
Registered

Hi, have been to busy this summer with Work, boat back inside for winter, hope to install steering inside/out, rest of rubrail,closing deckhatch and mounting hardware etc..will let you know progres in the new year
Merry Xmas