Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
41 apache for sale >

41 apache for sale

Notices

41 apache for sale

Old 03-24-2017, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Dan is saying that the o.p. was looking at his flat deck before this posting
Old 03-26-2017, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Hot rod one day I will own a 41 Apache . I currently own a 38 Flat Deck the closest thing to a 41 Apache know one thing with the same power the flat deck will be faster as it it lighter . It will ride almost the same and is almost as cool but is not an Apache. For the dough you will get a bigger bang for your buck with a flat deck . But it is still nor an Apache. My advice start with the Cig and work your way up .
Cheers RG.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick G
Hot rod one day I will own a 41 Apache . I currently own a 38 Flat Deck the closest thing to a 41 Apache know one thing with the same power the flat deck will be faster as it it lighter . It will ride almost the same and is almost as cool but is not an Apache. For the dough you will get a bigger bang for your buck with a flat deck . But it is still nor an Apache. My advice start with the Cig and work your way up .
Cheers RG.
Rick,
looking at your profile we both have the sweet 16 Donzi and 27 Magnum sport in common...... Clearly you have great taste You make some great points with the Cig vs Apache, I need to pull the trigger on one or the other asap. Seems like a good opportunity to get into a solid 41 Apache for reasonable money and have some fun updating it the way I like. I am hoping the Apache is mechanically solid enough to run it for the summer as is and have some fun with before tearing into it. Tough decision!!
Old 04-04-2017, 08:26 AM
Registered

I have an offer in on the boat, looks like we are getting close on an agreeable #. If we get there I am going to fly out to go over the boat prior to having a survey done on it and sealing the deal . I was hoping some of you experienced Apache guys could lend some insight on whether or not there are any problem areas on these old 41s that I should be looking for?

Most everything on the boat appears to just need cosmetic updating, not crazy about the #3 drives though. The boat has pretty modest power, how will the #3s hold up? If I buy the boat I would be upgrading the drives and power but would like to get some use out of it prior to doing so. Will 900-1000 hp with 3a's and the right props put one of these battleships into the 90's? current owner says it will run 85 now with the NA motors. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Hope it works out ^^^
Old 04-04-2017, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrod62
I have an offer in on the boat, looks like we are getting close on an agreeable #. If we get there I am going to fly out to go over the boat prior to having a survey done on it and sealing the deal . I was hoping some of you experienced Apache guys could lend some insight on whether or not there are any problem areas on these old 41s that I should be looking for?

Most everything on the boat appears to just need cosmetic updating, not crazy about the #3 drives though. The boat has pretty modest power, how will the #3s hold up? If I buy the boat I would be upgrading the drives and power but would like to get some use out of it prior to doing so. Will 900-1000 hp with 3a's and the right props put one of these battleships into the 90's? current owner says it will run 85 now with the NA motors. Thanks for the help!

If you are comparing this boat to ICDEDPPL's boat...Im surprised you would choose this one. Judging by the list of updates you posted that the APACHE will need over the next year, Dans Flat Deck would be a much better deal, NO? EVERYTHING has been done on his boat.It has bigger HP engines, Better outdrives, and 1 brand new prop! I mean, unless you are getting the Apache for next to nothing, prepare to spend 100K next year on engine rebuilds,better drives, interior, paint....theres 80K right there.......DANS BOAT IS DONE.(drop the mic....)
Old 04-04-2017, 10:43 AM
Registered

No comparison between the two. Dans boat is beautiful, it has all the right stuff in it and he did a hell of a job with everything he touched on the boat. The boat is a great deal for all he has done and invested into it. Like you said Dans boat is DONE, the Apache is a project. I know there is an easy 100k to update the apache. Part of me wants to take on another project to make it exactly how I want it and part of me says buy dans boat and go have fun now! Although it took 4 years and a lot of $$$$ I enjoyed restoring my Magnum and bringing a piece of offshore history back to life. Just looking for some feedback here, you make some good points that definitely warranted the mic drop
Old 04-14-2017, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrod62
No comparison between the two. Dans boat is beautiful, it has all the right stuff in it and he did a hell of a job with everything he touched on the boat. The boat is a great deal for all he has done and invested into it. Like you said Dans boat is DONE, the Apache is a project. I know there is an easy 100k to update the apache. Part of me wants to take on another project to make it exactly how I want it and part of me says buy dans boat and go have fun now! Although it took 4 years and a lot of $$$$ I enjoyed restoring my Magnum and bringing a piece of offshore history back to life. Just looking for some feedback here, you make some good points that definitely warranted the mic drop
Easy solution--------BUY BOTH--- Dan's for now and work on the apache to
Old 04-14-2017, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

After doing several rerig projects, I want to swap cash for a title and keys and go boating. Even if it was a baja vs Apache project lol
Old 04-14-2017, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 4,322 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
If you are comparing this boat to ICDEDPPL's boat...Im surprised you would choose this one. Judging by the list of updates you posted that the APACHE will need over the next year, Dans Flat Deck would be a much better deal, NO? EVERYTHING has been done on his boat.It has bigger HP engines, Better outdrives, and 1 brand new prop! I mean, unless you are getting the Apache for next to nothing, prepare to spend 100K next year on engine rebuilds,better drives, interior, paint....theres 80K right there.......DANS BOAT IS DONE.(drop the mic....)
I knew I liked you

After the last 4 years you couldn`t take a free boat to redo and all the $$ to do it with.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 04-14-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.