Notices

Octavian

Old 09-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Octavian

does anyone have any information about Octavian? My understanding is it's a 89 that had the hull replaced in 98, is this true and why? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Me thinks its the 47 that had a hole cut in the deck and looked to be being re purposed for a plug at the power play auction , maybe ??
Old 09-09-2017, 01:51 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Somewhere on here is the story of why the deck is missing. I wouldn't even know where to start looking but I do recall reading the story.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:23 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

It was just up for sale in April. The owner is a member, perhaps he'll chime in on what became of it.
edit- did you buy it?
Attached Thumbnails Octavian-screenshot_2017-09-09-03-18-11_1.jpg  

Last edited by bck; 09-09-2017 at 02:26 AM.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:14 AM
Registered

It's something I am trying to talk myself into, but have many questions.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:49 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

The big deal to me given how much money will have to be put into it is that since it has a new / different hin its technically not an apache.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I THINK and could be wrong but the deck for a 47 was started with a 41 deck and cut , theres no 2 same 47s out there -there was a filler piece that was used to fill in from the deck to the raised area wind screen area
as for the vin number i think that was due to it coming out of the auction it was at "assembled title " ??, does saber who has a 47 mold have a deck ?? having a couple of these projects tells me
BUY SOMETHING THAT ALL TOGETHER when you do the math you never come out on top, i live by the phrase " i dont buy green bananas"
Old 09-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Years ago while in florida i looked at it for a customer of mine and we found this 47 in Hollywood and crawled in her. I was knee deep in water in the cabin so that would be my guess as to why the deck was removed. Saber does have a deck mold.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nykamp
Years ago while in florida i looked at it for a customer of mine and we found this 47 in Hollywood and crawled in her. I was knee deep in water in the cabin so that would be my guess as to why the deck was removed. Saber does have a deck mold.

My my interest in the hull, do you recall its construction? Was it cored, glass or carbon/ Kevlar, why has it sat so long and not been restored? I guess the biggest red flag to me is it was stripped for a reason. My understanding is was dropped and that's why they had to build a new hull. I'm not going to waist my time flying out to see it without knowing more history.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:56 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Run some numbers through your head and I'll bet you can figure out why it hasn't been restored. A stripped but otherwise intact 47 Apache isn't for the faint of heart or wallet. You're looking at restoring one that doesn't even have a deck anymore. Don't forget at the end of the day no matter how much you put into it it's still not even an Apache anymore with that hin #. So you can say its like an Apache or better than or built by the same guy etc but it's a Komanche with a K, not even a C.
Apache, what's in a name?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.