Who's running Apache? >

Who's running Apache?

Notices

Who's running Apache?

Old 08-18-2003, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who's running Apache?

Last week in passing I heard from people within the marine industry that Steve Wilson is now running Apache. If that's so, what are his credentials? I heard that he made Active Thunder Powerboats what they are today, but I know no more. I heard Eric Froberg left right after the new owner came on board. I wonder why? What happened to Bob Saccenti? I see from the OSO board that personnel are changing on a daily basis. Can any body fill me in please? If I go to buy a new Apache, who's going to build it? What kind of quality am I going to get?

Also, I see on www.apacheusa.com that Apache has issued a manufacturers challenge, posted by ApacheKid on 8/15/03. I didn't know they had their new 41' finished and ready to race. Does anyone have any performance reports? Or, do they plan on racing an old boat that Bob and Ben built? That would kind of defeat the purpose of this challenge, wouldn't it? We all know about the old stuff, prove the new.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good question.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I will subscribe to this thread.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:16 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

hmmm....just looked at the web site for the 3rd or fourth time since they started this whole thing and now i see that the 36' is retired?!? how can one retire the only boat they make at this time???? for that matter....didnt they only make one 36'er under this new company? dont make sense to me

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-18-2003, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

WHAT 41 APACHE WILL THEY RACE? A BORROWED ONE THAT WAS BUILT BACK IN THE DAY?
Old 08-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The 36 is retired ????? WTF ????
Old 08-18-2003, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by birdog
The 36 is retired ????? WTF ????
I just checked the site and the 36 says "Current"???
Old 08-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

Straight off the apache website:

"The 36 has been retired.
When the 41 is completed, we will start development
of a brand new 37 to replace the 36 and it will follow
the same styling as the new 41...should be complete
by Summer 2004!"

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-18-2003, 02:39 PM
Registered

Hmmmm.....
Old 08-18-2003, 02:39 PM
Registered

Default Re: Who's running Apache?

Originally posted by buckknekkid
Last week in passing I heard from people within the marine industry that Steve Wilson is now running Apache. If that's so, what are his credentials? I heard that he made Active Thunder Powerboats what they are today, but I know no more. I heard Eric Froberg left right after the new owner came on board. I wonder why? What happened to Bob Saccenti? I see from the OSO board that personnel are changing on a daily basis. Can any body fill me in please? If I go to buy a new Apache, who's going to build it? What kind of quality am I going to get?

Also, I see on www.apacheusa.com that Apache has issued a manufacturers challenge, posted by ApacheKid on 8/15/03. I didn't know they had their new 41' finished and ready to race. Does anyone have any performance reports? Or, do they plan on racing an old boat that Bob and Ben built? That would kind of defeat the purpose of this challenge, wouldn't it? We all know about the old stuff, prove the new.
I don't think it would be fair to say that Steve Wilson made Active Thunder what it is today. I think it would be more fair to say that he actually held AT back by his antics.

Quick Reply: Who's running Apache?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.