allez vite >

allez vite

Notices

allez vite

Old 03-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by jdwlac
one more question - does anyone know which fuel i would need to burn w/ zul1000s and required rebuild intervals on these motors - thanks joe
Joe,

It would be best to contact Richie Zul directly.
Phone: 631-491-7268
80 Kean Street
Building 1
West Babylon, NY 11704

Mark McManus
Apache Powerboats
Old 03-30-2004, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Dang any cabin pics of that boat???
Old 03-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Allez Vite means "go fast" in French.

My wife called all boats like it as "Go Fast" boats: she doesn't like them at all, unfortunately. Thinks that all of the guys have hairy-backs and wear gold chains, and that all the girls have silicone implants.

So to try to get her a bit more positive about it, I asked her to give a "sophisticated" sounding name. That's what she suggested.

It didn't make her like it any more, however. And after we got hurt, she really took a dislike for it.

Can't win 'em all.

JDWLAC,

When you saw it in Key West in '94, Mark Adams was the broker. When he didn't succeed, and charged me for storage, I moved it to Bobby Moore's.

As for old race-boats holding their value, don't believe it.

While the ASKING price may be higher today than what I sold it for in '95, Jon must have put another $100K in it (motors, tyrannys, cockpit, paint, etc.) since then.

And the price I got was only 37% of what I paid Everglades for it in '89! And that doesn't count the brand new Merc motors I put in.

NOT A GOOD INVESTMENT!!

As for pictures of the cabin, there isn't one.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by ApachePete
Allez Vite means "go fast" in French.

My wife called all boats like it as "Go Fast" boats: she doesn't like them at all, unfortunately. Thinks that all of the guys have hairy-backs and wear gold chains, and that all the girls have silicone implants.

So to try to get her a bit more positive about it, I asked her to give a "sophisticated" sounding name. That's what she suggested.

It didn't make her like it any more, however. And after we got hurt, she really took a dislike for it.

Can't win 'em all.

JDWLAC,

When you saw it in Key West in '94, Mark Adams was the broker. When he didn't succeed, and charged me for storage, I moved it to Bobby Moore's.

As for old race-boats holding their value, don't believe it.

While the ASKING price may be higher today than what I sold it for in '95, Jon must have put another $100K in it (motors, tyrannys, cockpit, paint, etc.) since then.

And the price I got was only 37% of what I paid Everglades for it in '89! And that doesn't count the brand new Merc motors I put in.

NOT A GOOD INVESTMENT!!

As for pictures of the cabin, there isn't one.
AMEN !!!

Cool boat none the less !!!
Old 03-30-2004, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Every now and then, I find a "gem" on OSO that makes for great reading..............Thanks Apachepete !!
Great story !
Old 03-30-2004, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No shortage of grabhandles thats for sure.Bad a$$ boat!
Old 03-30-2004, 04:53 PM
wampum

Originally posted by jdwlac
one more question - does anyone know which fuel i would need to burn w/ zul1000s and required rebuild intervals on these motors - thanks joe
jdwlac,i run zul 653's-1000s' on sunoco 97.i have run sunoco 110 but they seem to like the 97.most important though, make sure you are delivering enough fuel(not just enough fuel pressure).mark mcmanus is correct,give zul a call.richi always has been very helpful after the sale so to speak.rebuild time is subjective to use and regular maintenance schedules.if you run conservitively,change oil and filters 10 hours or so ,check oil for gas contamination,etc..you could possibly see 1oo plus hours between rebuilds.good luck.

Old 03-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Motors

I believe it now has 705 ci, making 1100.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:10 AM
jdwlac

wampum, thanks for the insight.
rebuild intervals could be the deciding factor on purchase. but 100 hrs is reasonable.
apachepete, thanks for history, i just gasped when u said rebuilds every other race. i would plan to really use the boat alot. that could equate to many rebuilds per season.

Old 03-31-2004, 11:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Rebuilds

Remember that a race is 150 mile @ wide-open throttle. And the motors were still running fine after a couple, but were rebuilt as preventative maintenance, not because they were shot.

In pleasure use, I got hundreds of hours without MAJOR problems, but did experience non-catastrophic breakdowns several times a summer, which would force me to limp home on 1 motor. Things like broken lifters, broken blower belts, loose headers, broken water hoses, oil leaks, electrical problems, etc.. Not acceptable in a race, but OK as a cost efficient alternative to a total rebuild, I think.

But a lot of the guys running the really big power in poker runs rebuild before every one, just to be on the safe side. Nice if you can afford it.

Quick Reply: allez vite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.