Old 05-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

From what I have seen and have read and the time frame that all this so called building has been going on PLUS the fact that McManus owns the copyright it does not look to promising now does it?
It is a big mess no doubt and I for one would not feel comfortable ordering a boat...who would? Fever Mike

======================================

Hi Mike let me answer this way it was the end of Sept beginning of Oct when it got started in Del-ray I have been done for 2 Months .. The question remains; is How Long does it take to build a high end set of tooling including the enormous amount of fairing?? Ps I am known for flawless work !!
Old 05-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jay hi good to hear from you,, and You are OK !! You will love Florida ..Myself things have been real good ..That is the Cheetah Avatar..
Old 05-03-2004, 04:01 PM
Registered

Damn moved on already, well I wish you the best with your new gig.
GlassDave;
Yeah, just have to rig the Baja for salt water now, flush kits, change the zinc's and Rick and I ripped out the steering 2 weeks ago, going to order new system to put in, then the dash, gauges, some minor electircal, and going to rebuild trim rams then off to prop test with Julie at Throttle up Propellors and she should be good.
Jason
Old 05-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jay I do work for three Co's Now I chose to work on my Own stuff.. I will give you a link when everything is complete.

Take Care Buddy and My best Regards
Old 05-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Registered

It was a pleasure,
A real short pleasure but a pleasure none the less.
Talk soon

Jason
Old 05-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Registered

If Thad "owned" the Apache name and Logo why did he try to buy it from Mark McManus ??????? hmmmm

I sure hope Plan B is a good one.

LOL he said he doesn't know how to build boats, but he knows how to run a business ?????

Well, he got that about half right. Plus, thats just what the general public wants to hear from somebody they are thinking about buying a boat from. "I dont know anything about boat building but I can run the hell out of a Taco Bell, construction company, or the local muffler shop ect ect ect. I'm gona buy my next car from my dentist, who has a MBA and is a very good businessman. yikes.
You get the picture.

Finally, To build a quality boat he had to ask Bob Saccenti to leave ??????? Excuse me. It should have been the other way around. Forgive me if i'm wrong, but Bob Saccenti was working in the boat business while this guy was still filling diapers.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: LEGAL Question about someone acting on behalf of a company

Originally posted by Shane
When I was recruited for my current position I spoke on multiple occassions with the recruiter/head hunter that introduced me to the firm. During those discussions we spoke about compensation. In all my interviews etc. I was told that all communication go through the recruiter. I followed their rules. When my ofer letter came it did NOT specifically state what pay raises and bonuses would be. I asked the recruiter prior to signing the offer letter what those bonuses and raises would be. He gave me specific numbers. I asked why it was not in the contract. He stated that they did not put it in any contract but, so long as business remained good and I did a satisfactory job, I would receive these increases and bonuses. Well we have had 32 STRAIGHT years of record revenue and record profits and I am short in excess of $40,000. I have a meeting with our CEO Thursday to discuss this. I have gone up the chain of command. So as to not get into to much minutia, is my employer able to be held responsible for the actions of the recruiter? Is this an agency relationship? Meaning was the recruiter who was being paid to recruit acting as an agent?

Thanks in advance.

Don't know what I can help with, but the recruiter acts as the agent for the firm they represent. Unless the recruiter was lying about the bonus structure I don't think there is any recourse. The bonus structure is usually laid out in the employee manual, and can be given in writing if the employee request's. A Bonus is not guaranteed unless given in writing.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Apache in the West Palm Beach news

That was a good read. Sounds like Thad went fishing and hooked himself right in the wallet. Sue everybody, even Mcmanus who had nothing to do with him.
Also, it seems Mcmanus has quite the reputation as a meticulous boatbuilder. I doubt Thad could sue him out of that. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out in court.

Quick Reply: Apache in the West Palm Beach news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.