Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
"INXS" for sale ? >

"INXS" for sale ?

Notices

"INXS" for sale ?

Old 08-23-2004, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: "INXS" for sale ?

that boat has bin broken. the boat blowes up every time out.that is why it's $150,000 you get what you pay for.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:55 PM

give me $120,000 an that boat. 609 839-1392 paul

Last edited by Papache; 09-04-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:55 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Paul

Did you get the engines in the boat yet? Just curious how the boat likes that much power.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:10 AM

yes motors are in did not run it yet. waiting for tail pips

Old 08-24-2004, 09:55 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

didnt Joe's Mom and Dad own INXS????
Old 08-24-2004, 12:15 PM
T-N-T Sales

I have both the "INXS" boat and the "Allez Vite" boat for sale at our shop. The number on "Allez Vite" is $150,000. and we are just completing a minor freshen up. Gimbel's rebuilt, drives and Gimbel's refinished, new rub rail, paint touch up, and some dash work. The engines were re-freshened by Zul a little over a year ago and have 35hrs since. We did the work at T-N-T. I don't agree with the statement the boat "blows up every time out". This is the first time the boats been in the shop for any maintenance since we installed the engines and no mechanical repairs are being done. In my opinion and that of others in our shop, this is one of the best running 41's we've been involved with, and at one time or another a large percentage of the 41's built have passed through T-N-T or Bobby Moore's Custom Marine (both shops are combined since T-N-T purchased Bobby Moore's 3 years age). I believe it is a good boat and good price. As for "INXS" this boat is priced to sell, quickly. At this price the boat will be sold with no sea test, subject to any engine or hull survey a buyer wants to preform. The boat starts, runs, shifts and sounds great. The engines are not very old 705CID / 1200hp Cobra's, It has transmission's, #6 drives and is complete from the props to the bow eye. The reason I want to sell this boat without a sea test is because I don't want to risk the expensive hardware in this boat to a bad water pump impeller, leaking header or inter-cooler, etc. These things should all be checked, even though I have no indication any of these things have any issues. I'll be able to sell the boat for less money this way. I get a huge number of calls from people who want to buy at a bargain price and do the work themselves, here's their chance. For a buyer who does not want to do any work themselves and wants to pay someone else, we would be happy to do, and can do everything they would want. Including a sea test. This boat with no question, needs some work, mainly cosmetic. Over the years I have sold 5 of the 47' Apaches built, some of them multiple times. The last one, within the last year, at $295,000. A person can buy this boat, fix it up to what ever level they want or could afford, and be in it at less than market value. That's a good position to be in. There are not many deals out there you can say that about. Earlier in this post Paul indicated he wanted $289,000. (the price on the Tiger is more than fair, so I am not including any discount there) for his 41 Apache. I'm sure it is a very nice boat. You could buy "INXS" not lift a wrench, spend $165,000 on it, and be at the same price. If some one were to bring us both boats for sale at $289,000. and ask me witch one of these like new Apache's I would choose to sell. I would take the 47' over the 41' before you could finish the sentence. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to say anything derogative about Paul's boat or price, only that a comparable 47' will bring more money with less effort.

Old 08-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My take on it: Buy Allez Vite for $150k and have someone with the reputation of TnT go through it to make sure there are few surprises. I cannot imagine it costing $139k to make it as good as Paul's boat.

I have gone through this decision in my head for the past 6 months so I already knew what I would do. Maybe detune the engines in Allez Vite a little (change pulley to lower boost) which would give more safety margin for the engine and be easier on the trannys and drives. Then go have some fun.

Just my $0.02, nobody needs to get offended.

PS: or you can buy my 38' Kevlar Larry Smith flatdeck with 6 pack, staggered 698ci naturally aspirated engines, #5's and do 102mph for $95k (shameless spam)
Old 08-25-2004, 01:23 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No sea trial. C'mon Mr Salesman. What's the deal? Price reflects condition.

The reason Paul is asking so much for his is condition? A number was thrown out about another 41, that is flawless with fresh engines, of around the same price as Paul's boat. I'm sure a sizable deposit before sea-trial would be asked. Is the INXS boat in the same condition or even remotely close to the condition of Kemosabe or Broken Arrow? In my opinion, NO. The difference is in the detail.

As far as Allez Vite, $139K to make it as nice a Paul's boat, I don't know. I do know of one, that it would take some serious cash, to bring it up to that level.

There is a difference between a bargain and a steal.

Andy
Old 08-25-2004, 10:15 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Battle Cry,
You may want to re-read the post T-N-T Sales made above.
-----------------------------------------------------------
As for "INXS" this boat is priced to sell, quickly. At this price the boat will be sold with no sea test, subject to any engine or hull survey a buyer wants to preform. The boat starts, runs, shifts and sounds great. The engines are not very old 705CID / 1200hp Cobra's, It has transmission's, #6 drives and is complete from the props to the bow eye. The reason I want to sell this boat without a sea test is because I don't want to risk the expensive hardware in this boat to a bad water pump impeller, leaking header or inter-cooler, etc. These things should all be checked, even though I have no indication any of these things have any issues. I'll be able to sell the boat for less money this way. I get a huge number of calls from people who want to buy at a bargain price and do the work themselves, here's their chance. For a buyer who does not want to do any work themselves and wants to pay someone else, we would be happy to do, and can do everything they would want. Including a sea test. This boat with no question, needs some work, mainly cosmetic.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards
Old 08-25-2004, 09:41 PM

hear is $16,000 in paint. an $145,000 in motors. you need to own one to know.the motors are worth more then the boat's

Quick Reply: "INXS" for sale ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.