"INXS" for sale ?

Notices

"INXS" for sale ?

Old 08-25-2004, 11:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: "INXS" for sale ?

P Apache what shop built your 1500s , do you have dino sheets,are the drives dry??? give us the info.......whats the price complete?

Last edited by byrdman; 08-26-2004 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tbone,
That sea trial that you hi-lighted is for after you buy it, the way I read it.

On the 41 vs 47 question, you have to ask yourself, do I want a two engine boat or a three engine boat, be able to tow with a regular dually or have to buy a 550/5500 to tow with.
I've had both and the decsion I made was the 41 fit my needs just fine. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy another 47, but the only one that I would buy is KEMOSABE, that's MY opinion. I'm not saying all the others out their are no good, that's just my favorite.
I've not heard of any trouble that John might of had with the ALLEZ VITE boat and Roger just bought a center console.

I will say that the price of these boats does reflect their condition. If I were to sell the 41, I like Paul, would be in the upper 200 bracket. And all my hardware is either new or rebuilt.

Robert
Old 08-26-2004, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by byrdman
P Apache what shop built your 1500s , do you have dino sheets,are the drives dry??? give us the info.......whats the price complete?
sterling 1485hp 5900 rpm 13 1/2 psi boost. both sets of drives 4 blade 17x33 props new headers 5'' y pipes.$ 279,000 turn key. or $125,000 no motors.
boat runs wellover 112mph.

Last edited by p.apache; 08-26-2004 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tbone

I read the comment, including the part you highlighted. I can to the same conclusion as Tonto. After you buy it. And TNT is more than happy to do the work.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:38 AM
T-N-T Sales

T-Bone read it the way I meant it. We will do a sea test before the sale. The price just increases. As Bobby Moore always used to tell me, "This ain't my first trip downtown on the bus". I'm not going to sea test this boat until some preventative maintenance is done. The boat was last used in January of this year. You guys have boats with big power. You know a header or inter-cooler leak, a bad sea pump impeller, old fuel, internal blockage in a carburetor, etc. can damage a motor on a sea test. Maybe I'm wrong to approach it this way, however I get a large number of calls from people who would rather do the work and pay less for the boat. I felt this is the boat to offer this option on, because there is more work to do than just this. I've bought and sold many boats over the years without doing a sea trial. The buyer can decide. I also think "Kemosabe" and "Broken Arrow" are beautiful boats. I'll bet you can't buy either one of them for $125,000. They are also all different. "Kemosabe" is a 3-seater with no room to put additional seating. We showed that boat to a client who ended up buying "Running Brave" because he didn't want a 3-seater. If you know "Running Brave" consider the boat before and after we did the refit. Do the same to "INXS" and your still money ahead. "Broken Arrow" is a full cockpit cabin boat with smaller power and less speed. Of all the inquires I've had on "INXS" only one has said he would want a sea test so far. Tonto, I saw your boat recently at Chief, your boat is beautiful as well. From the looks of your boat, you have spent a lot of time and effort making it exactly the way you want it to be. I'm assuming you have had a lot of enjoyment (and a little frustration) from this work as well. The right buyer can take "INXS", do his thing to it, from minor to major, and still be in it at a price that will be at or less than market value.

Old 08-31-2004, 05:15 PM
Registered

Peter, (I am assuming that's who you are)
Thank you for the compliment. I have spent a couple of years getting the boat where it is right now. I agree with you on the seatrial deal. Last year when I was selling "THE CHIEF", that I took on trade when I sold Austin the "MEDICINE MAN" boat, I was keeping it on my lift while working on the "TONTO" boat and everyone was a SERIOUS buyer, BS, they just wanted to go for a ride in an APACHE! I will never take a boat out for a seatrial without a least a 10% deposit. I also know what happens when a boat sits for 10 months, impellers, header cracks, etc. Good luck with the INXS boat, oh by the way, KEMOSABE is a 6-pack, although very small, there are three holes in the back, I've been in them. Have you talked to Elisas lately? Heard they didn't last very long, but them boys are hard on sh!t !

Robert
Old 08-31-2004, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can vouch for Tonto and understand how powerboat tire kickers are. These are not hondas and toyotas that you can just take around the block for a test drive. There are many factors to consider fuel, hours put on expensive engines with low rebuild time, and misc. wear and tear. Why is it everyone shops for a bargain and then wants a warranty and guarantees. Remember "You get what you pay for". I have learned this statement all too many times on my own and now live by it. A cheap powerboat is not for the average boater with no mechanical experience. A good mechanic will ask for maybe a compression test and inspect seams at the bulkheads,stringers and any other fiberglass seams. A sea trial will only tell you that it may hold up for a half hour or so. When buying these boats one needs to inspect the parts and the hull and not judge on how it runs after sitting for a year or so. I have seen too many people call boats junk because a 20$ impeller went out from sitting for a year. If one were to sea trial for everyone that came to look at these boats they would be rebuilding motors twice a year. This has just been my outlook and probably will not change much but needed to be said.
Old 09-04-2004, 04:51 PM
T-N-T Sales

Yes it is. Thanks for your input "Tonto" and "RBR2328".
Regards,
Peter Pavkovich

Old 09-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw the 47 for sale with triple 900's at tnt marine and was looking for some info like speeds condition(how old is the paint-interior) how many hours on the engines? I have been looking for a boat and that 47 looks like the best deal out there.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:24 AM
T-N-T Sales

375 Stinger, You asking about the other 47' Apache we have for sale with the full cabin I assume. Give me a call and I'll give you all the details. Peter 954-931-9111

Quick Reply: "INXS" for sale ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.