Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
36 Apache one Ebay and Classifieds. >

36 Apache one Ebay and Classifieds.

Notices

36 Apache one Ebay and Classifieds.

Old 01-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 36 Apache one Ebay and Classifieds.

Wes,
Point well taken and understood and no offense was intended. You were very helpfull on the phone when we discussed the boat in the first place. It is a nice boat and I think I made that part pretty clear. For me to look at something with a list price of 6 figures I need to be happy, the items listed have an honest description of what I saw, that did not make me happy. But then again it is a used boat.

Just trying to give my personal opionion.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

I know there was some paint issues when Joe sent it down to Bobby before the redo, I bought my last 36 just for the drive train. I was not nuts about the dragon and flames everywhere but the 775's and 3A's sold me on the boat, it is now the one for sale in the classified here on oso. The current owner also bought it for the drive train and painted it to his taste. Wes any plans other than to use the 41 for the up coming season? Steve
Old 01-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Nykamp
I know there was some paint issues when Joe sent it down to Bobby before the redo, I bought my last 36 just for the drive train. I was not nuts about the dragon and flames everywhere but the 775's and 3A's sold me on the boat, it is now the one for sale in the classified here on oso. The current owner also bought it for the drive train and painted it to his taste. Wes any plans other than to use the 41 for the up coming season? Steve

Steve -

Believe it or not, by the time I got the boat home it was too cold to run it !

I may consider an interior cockpit and gauge change but I'm not sure.

I don't need to do 100MPH so its unlikely I'll futz with the motors yet but once I get tired of being toasted by my friends with Outerlimits, well...ya never know...those # 6's can take a lot more juice !

Best Regards,
Wes
Old 01-07-2005, 08:20 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by tssteph
Wes,
Point well taken and understood and no offense was intended. You were very helpfull on the phone when we discussed the boat in the first place. It is a nice boat and I think I made that part pretty clear. For me to look at something with a list price of 6 figures I need to be happy, the items listed have an honest description of what I saw, that did not make me happy. But then again it is a used boat.

Just trying to give my personal opionion.

No problem, Brian.

Sometimes the written word can provide for several interpretations and I just wanted everything to be clear...good luck on your boat search.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Wes the 6's and the 41 love power, enjoy her this summer. I thinck the Merc 800 was one of the best bigger power plants out there, JM had that triple eng. package in his last 41 Saber turn key haulen ass ride. Take care, Steve.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like that Yellow interior.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

This '36 Apache is one He** of a boat. I know of the boat when Joe had it. We ran together several times.
I have yet to ride in a '36 that rides as good as this one does, espically in the big water where it humbles bigger boats.
The boat needs some minor work---what '94 would'nt?? Mine did------LT
Old 01-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
I like that Yellow interior.
YES ... that interior really POPS ! Thats a good yellow !!! And I'm SICK of yellow !
Old 01-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by tssteph
Well I see where this is going. My only intention was to help someone make a choice either way. I am far from bummed about my offer not being accepted. The guys at Shogren were nothing but nice to deal with. The boat was not misrepresented, it is just that I am very picky and little things bother me. I do a lit of fiberglass work and paint work on corvettes so some things that bother me may not bother other people related to paint. Here is a short version of what I documented about the boat when I looked at it. Me and my wife and another couple spent 3 hours going over the boat.

Trailer, 100% perfect brand new with larger capacity then is required.
Paint scheme, 100% awesome esthetically.
Engines, appearance is good, fairly clean, some fue laying in the intake of the port motor. Not really a big deal.
Bilge, very clean and well rigged.
Cockpit, very nice layout and in good condition with the exception of the cabin door which has a tear down the right side from the lock. Wes told me about this prior to me looking at the boat.
Cabin, awesome layout and size, one cushion has the threads coming loose on the port side. The hatches have at one time had a screen or something glued in place and the glue is this there. Awesome storage on this boat.
Engine hatch material has a very worn area on the left front, it has worn through the material. This can only be seen when the hatch is up. Not really a big deal.
Drives. Both need to be removed and sandblasted and repainted. Corrosion issues, starbord one is worse if I recall.
Trim tabs could use a repainting, the starboard mount has been broke and welded at some time.

None of the above really bothered me it was just stuff I noted. Yes it all would be fixed but could be done along the way.

Now the stuff that bothered me:
The transom needs repainted, there are lots of signs of red. The paint is coming off in several places.
Large chip in starboard side at transom that has been touched up with a brush that would need to be spotted in.
Area where the fairing meets the top deck has large areas where the paint has peeled off and is down to white.
Anchor locker paint has several large chips or paint flaking, it is in the purple and is down to white gel. Looks like very little or no prep work was done in this area.
Now this was the one item that bother me the worst. The bow has a ton of fish eyes in the clear.
The swim patform needs to be removed sandblasted the repainted.

This is an awesome boat, I just could not justify the asking price and be comfortable with me fixing the above items. My intention is not to hurt anyones sale but to help anyone considering the boat. On the water running it would be a 10 out of 10 boat other then having the look of being much faster then it is.
At a dock or on the trailer some the things would bother me.

I hope Todd sells the boat. (So I can quit looking at it) Whoever gets it will get an awesome boat that just needs a little TLC to make me happy.

I hope this clears things up.

Brian
Considering the year of the boat the list you have here are things you would typically find on a boat of that age. Search around and see for yourself.

I see the boat is now listed for $119K but about a month ago is was listed for much less than that it all depends what offer you made.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Oh yeah, that boat is one of rare 36' Apache's with an enclosed head. I was looking at that boat before Wes had it but couldn't make it happen, then I came across my boat a year and a half later. If I didn't buy the boat I have now, that boat would have been on my very very very very short list.

Quick Reply: 36 Apache one Ebay and Classifieds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.