Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run

Notices

Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run

Old 04-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run Aug 5 & 6

August 5th & 6th, Virginia Beach, Va....

A major boating event that encompasses the wide spectrum of boaters in FOUR separate activities; performance poker run; sailing regatta (formerly the originating marquee event prior to the HRPA coming aboard, hence the title); fishing tournament; and crusier/family boat poker run course. This is a non-profit event where all proceeds go to support the St. Judes Children's Research Hospital. Last year 2004, all the participants; donators; and major sponsorships generated over $150,000.00 to help in the battle to conquer the disease that afflicts so many American children....cancer, thru the research and efforts of this world class organization called St. Jude's.

The "performance boat" poker run takes you thru the gauntlet of the Atlantic ocean/Cape Henry down the Virginia Beach oceanfront and back; across the ornery southern Chesapeake Bay; down the Elizabeth River past the largest Naval base in the world; lunch stop downtwon Norfolk at the Waterside complex adjacent to Nauticus, and the battleship Wisconsin hosted by Hooters; to downtown Hampton; and back to Little Creek Basin. Friday night captains meeting with party and late dock activity; Saturday night is post run awards/card draw with live band and grub.

At the same time there will be a sailing Regatta on the bay making for an impressive sight right out out of the blocks across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel heading out to the Atlantic. There will also be a major fishing tournament, and all will gather to party together in one spot. Unique in concept on the east coast and perhaps the nation. Multiple type boating enthusiasts, coming together for one cause...aside from a good time of course...

Thanks to major sponsorships/donations the registration fee is only an unimaginable $200 for FOUR people per boat (captain; 3 crew). This includes lunch for FOUR; T-shirts for FOUR; party entrance for FOUR; and one poker hand with the option to buy more of everything. How great is that I ask? Here's a the kicker...Postmarked by June 1st and it's only $175.00...

Last year we had oceanic 3-4 footers, occasional 5's, down the ocean resort beach and it made for the most spectacular air shots any recreational boater could ask for taken by Randy Nuzzo in a helicopter (see example of many excellent air shots below). Price includes 1 video per boat as well.

If this sounds like your kind of run where you really want to see what you and your boat is made of; test your offshore skills; and perhaps sadly like me your pocketbook can't afford the mega-dollar, high-profile runs; then sign up now and prepare to have some mid-Atlantic offshore fun.

The website for registration download is currently undergoing a change in guardianship, but will be up any day. In the meantime, open and print the attachement I'll add in another post below or if that don't work PM or email me, and I'll forward the form and event information. ([email protected]).

Be there, or set at home and only read about such fun. Come on, take a walk on the wild side...I guarantee you'll like it...

www.littlecreekregatta.org
or
www.HRPA.homestead.com/homepage.html
Attached Thumbnails Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-mark32%7E1.jpg  

Last edited by Reckless32; 05-03-2005 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run

You know Reba and I will be there!!! Resereved my slip back in Feburary. See you all soon.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Registered

We Will Be There This Year Thats For Sure!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Registered

mark called you sat, you can count us in !
Old 05-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Already on my schedule.
Attached Thumbnails Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-dsc01789.jpg  
Old 05-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Here's the registration form. Until the site is back up and manned, you can simply print this off (MS Word format); fill out; and mail in...Or email/PM me...Be sure and shoot some to your friends as well...
Attached Files
File Type: doc

Last edited by Reckless32; 05-03-2005 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:01 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

A few pics of last years run down the oceanfront...35 Cafe; 52 Nortech; 26 Sonic...
Attached Thumbnails Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-35cafe-medium-.jpg   Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-52nortech.jpg   Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-26sonic.jpg  

Old 05-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

A couple more...31 Sonic; 42 Blackthunder; 257 Powerquest...
Attached Thumbnails Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-31sonic-medium-.jpg   Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-42thunder-medium-.jpg   Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-257pq-medium-.jpg  

Old 05-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Okay, a couple more....34 Powerquest; 40 Super Hawaii; 38 Topgun...
Attached Thumbnails Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-34pq-medium-.jpg   Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-40superhawaii-medium-.jpg   Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-38tg.jpg  

Old 05-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

And for you weak of heart just to show you that it wasn't all snot all the way. Here's a few pics later on of the water further inside the bay towards the Norfolk downtown area. The first leg down the oceanfront and back is the most aggressive...28Donzi; 270Baja; 38Scarab...
Attached Thumbnails Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-donzi28zx.jpg   Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-270baja-medium-.jpg   Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-38scarab-medium-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.