Throttle-Up Does It Again.... >

Throttle-Up Does It Again....

Notices

Throttle-Up Does It Again....

Old 05-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle-Up Does It Again....

After Matt and Julie fixed my boat I have to share the experience. 1st the basics - my 24' cat w/twin 300's and 32" racing cleavers did not have the hole shot, acceleration, planing speeds and attitude I wanted. I posted my problems here and got lots of help (special thanks to mm) and the overwhelming response was start with the props and Throttle-Up in particular. I did. It took several round trip mailings of props but they dialed me in nicely. Real fast turn-around too, and they didnt even charge me for the extra work or postage. What they did was sell me a pair of Q-IV's 30" repitched to 29.5, diameter reduced 1/2" (Bravo props give better stern lift), 1" vent holes, and shaved ventilation flares. What these props did for me was lower the bow rise on initial acceleration from 45 degrees to 30 degrees and from 15 seconds to 3. The planing speed was also lowered by 4 mph to 26, with the attitude of the bow down several degrees (which is important when you have almoast 15' of deck in front of you). My wife is no longer afraid to get in the boat. Throttle up runs a 1st class operation and will not forget you once they have your money. They will do whatever it takes to make it right after the sale. I am so impressed with this business that I am going to purchase a 2nd set of cruise props from them. Matt when you read this please get with me on this...

If you have any problems just call Throttle-up.....

Thanks to all on this forum for your help - TJ
Old 05-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Registered

Re: Throttle-Up Does It Again....

Thats is why most race teams use them. they are GREAT!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Registered

Default Re: Throttle-Up Does It Again....

tj309 I am glad you have solved your problem. That boat would be no fun if the boss won't ride!
Old 05-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Throttle-Up Does It Again....

I have had the same experince with them. Took a couple tries on the props (Not knowing the exact HP), but they were right there all the way.

Thanks
Sean Moore