Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
paging wags (AFR head info wanted) >

paging wags (AFR head info wanted)

Notices

paging wags (AFR head info wanted)

Old 06-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paging wags (AFR head info wanted)

This past winter i was going to buy a new set of afr heads and i was dealing with a guy that wags knows out of OHIO. He had just recently become a dealer for AFR because of a group buy. I lost his, number if i look back in the phone records i am sure i could find his number but with all the members on the board i was hoping someone could remember this transaction. He owned a shop machine shop and i think his name was Jim. I need a set of AFR 315 CNC's for a buddy with a jet. He is impressed with my 540 and is building the same motor with a minor change in cam. He has a 22 ft Eliminator jet. Are there any suppliers here that have these heads in stock or would be interested in selling a bare set?

Last edited by hpy540; 06-03-2005 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts
Default Re: paging wags (AFR head info wanted)

Hpy,the guys name is mike at michaels racing engines. I went in on the deal with jeff to get the best discount.You can reach mike at330-467-3159.Jeff tryed hard to get everyone to go in on the deal to get WD pricing on a one time order but when push came to shove only a few of us put up the money. I was able to get my 315's for 2339$ bare including hard coating plus 75 S/H but i will tell you this i would have been better off buying them turn key even if i put better springs on them because i was unable to find the good inconel valves that yield the high flow #'s without waiting 3-4 months unless i bought them from AFR because of the length.You probably won't be able to get that good of price but i founf them at a few other places last winter for 150$ more. One other thing not to discourage you but we had to wait 4 months for them OFF season so i can only imagine what the wait is now with everyone getting drag cars and boats ready.Good luck,Smitty
Attached Thumbnails paging wags (AFR head info wanted)-dsc02966.jpg