Desktop Dyno >

Desktop Dyno

Notices

Desktop Dyno

Old 06-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desktop Dyno

Has anybody done a compairison of the desktop Dyno and what they got on a real dyno. I was just wondering how accurate the Desktop dyno realy is and if it realy is a good tool to help select cams ect. ect.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:00 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Default Re: Desktop Dyno

I did. The results I got with the Dyno program and actual dyno numbers were real close. Closer than I would have expected. But, here is the key...You have to be able to input real numbers in the program. Especially flow numbers. You can't guess or use the standard numbers that come with the program. My end result was the dyno program was calculating my peak power at 660 h.p. The actual dyno gave me 679 h.p. The torque was right there as well but I dont remember the data exactly and I don't have it on this computer to pull it up. Both curves were very close also.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Registered

Default Re: Desktop Dyno

Originally Posted by checkmate454mag
I did. The results I got with the Dyno program and actual dyno numbers were real close. Closer than I would have expected. But, here is the key...You have to be able to input real numbers in the program. Especially flow numbers. You can't guess or use the standard numbers that come with the program. My end result was the dyno program was calculating my peak power at 660 h.p. The actual dyno gave me 679 h.p. The torque was right there as well but I dont remember the data exactly and I don't have it on this computer to pull it up. Both curves were very close also.
I heard the same thing, the more info,or more accurate info you have the more realistic the numbers would be.
great tool for trying to find the right setup