Hydro-Hoist Hoses

Notices

Hydro-Hoist Hoses

Old 06-08-2005, 09:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydro-Hoist Hoses

I need to replace the hoses on my Hydro Hoist. There are a number of thin spots due to chafing. My hoist has shut off valves near the controller so I can disconnect the hoist from the controller and move the hoist around. Between the shut off valves and the controller is your standard white reinforced sanitary hose.I wouldn't want to use the sanitary hose for the long hoses since it's not as abrasion resistant as the original hoses. The hose pressure is very low ( 6 psi) but they have to be tough. Any recommendations on what to use and where to get it would be much appreciated.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Hydro-Hoist Hoses

I'm not sure what they use a phone call to them may help. Mine are as old as the lift and they still seem to be fine.

The one thing I do know and why I jumped in here is that the hoses all need to be the same length this will help keep it even raising and lowering.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hydro-Hoist Hoses

Thanks for the response Scott. I know I can get them from Hydro Hoist but they'll cost a fortune. I'm looking for a comparable hose at a little cheaper price. You're right, the original ones are serious hoses. They resemble a double reinforced radiator hose. I usually leave the hoist in year around and despite my best attempts, the hoses rub against the edge of the aluminum finger dock or bang against the rubber floats for the dock. A few months of that in the winter and you get flat spots. I've got the fabric cord showing in a number of places. I've got connectors so I could cut/splice a little but it wouldn't be keeping up with my image! Knowing the resources of OSO, I'm optimistic that someone will come to the rescue.