Notices

Details on the Photo Run

Old 06-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Details on the Photo Run

Dan asked me to post some info on the run. This run will be a little different than most. At the start the boats will run individually and you will have a chance to strut your stuff while your boat is being photographed. Afterwards we will gather back together for a photographed, group run. Mark, (ChiTown Hustler) and Dan (Candyman) will start off first so they will be able to get some water level shots of your boat. The order in which the boats run will be determined by when you signed up, meaning the earlier you sign up the sooner you run At the 10:00 drivers meeting you will receive the exact locations plus a list of the order in which the boats will run. We all want to have fun, but since a lot of the focus is to get great photos, following directions will be important to the success.

I have been told that the best place to launch and leave a trailer is at Hammond Marina. I believe it costs $15.00. There will also be a large crew of boats heading out in the morning from there so if you are not familiar with Jackson Park you will be able to follow the crowd.

As you can see a run like this takes a lot of coordination, you can help us tremendously by registering now at
wwwchicagopowerboatclub.com After you register your boat please email me, [email protected] with your cell number, boat make, model, name, and or colors. A few days before the run and at the drivers meeting you will receive the rest of the details. It’s hard to believe it is just a week away. See ya there, Donna

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 06-17-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:47 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Details on the Photo Run

Donna...... sent you an email, don't know if it worked or not, but we will be attending the photo run, beach party, and possibly the dinner. Definatly 5 people, probably 6, maybe 7 or 8. Don't know for sure yet.
Call me
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 06-20-2005, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like Hammond Marina is $15 up to two axles, and $30 for triple. What is this all about. And they only launch from sunup to sundown.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Basically, Keith, Hammond sucks. They tend to squeeze every penny they can from you...every year our slip fees go up...I could see this as a reaction to the Harbor being full, but there are 13 empty slips on my finger alone! But we pay, we pay . Couple years ago I'd bring my Jet Skis down to launch there, and instead of charging me for my trailer, they charged me $15 per ski! Now that sucked! Hope it doesn't scare you off, you can see my new boat really well from the launch ramp! See ya next week.

Mike
Old 06-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Donna, I'm 110% in for dinner....only me.....i'll be a little late....@7 or 7:30ish but i'll be there.......just to let you know for head count reasons!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Is there a rain date for this run???????I'd hate to make the trip across,only to find out it was cancelled like last year.....Also where is Jackson Park in relationshipe to Diversy or Hammond or Navy Pier?????On the slight chance I can make it,I would be launching from New Buffalo.....
Thanks
Steve
Old 06-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not lookin good for me....no stacks yet I'm at the mercy of Eddie Marine.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Steve, Jackson Park is South or Navy Pier and Diversey Harbor and its North of Hammond.......if you take a look at a map....it would be straight east from where the chicago skyway starts off at from 90/94. If you know where the Museum of Science and Industry is at then your right there!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve, follow the showline around and head across with us. We are leaving from Portage a 9:00am.

I hope the marine forcast improves.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve A.K.A RAMPAGE
Is there a rain date for this run???????I'd hate to make the trip across,only to find out it was cancelled like last year.....Also where is Jackson Park in relationshipe to Diversy or Hammond or Navy Pier?????On the slight chance I can make it,I would be launching from New Buffalo.....
Thanks
Steve

Steve,
You are welcome to give me a call Saturday morning and check. 708-218-1566
We plan to run even if the lake kicks up some. Actually Small Craft advisories make for some great pictures. Only downside is we would not be running to the beach. I guess that would give us more time at the party at Jackson Park!
Dan
Attached Thumbnails Details on the Photo Run-flight.1aoso.jpg