Notices

31 Ao

Old 07-17-2005, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 31 Ao

Need some information.

I have a set of 2" shorty IMCO Xtreme Drives. Where should the nose cone be in relation to the bottom of the hull. As I set right now, I have not had time to play with the x dimension the nose cones are approx. 3/4 to 1" above the hull.

Thanks!

Kyle
Old 07-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Registered

Default Re: 31 Ao

where is the drive... is it against the transom or do you have an extension box of some type ?

Don
Old 07-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Registered

No extension boxes
Old 07-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Registered

that is much higher than we put them at the factory... we put them about 2" higher than the bottom when they are on a 12" extension box.. i would imagine that you have a difficult time getting on plane with them and your prop slip i would also think would be very high... what props are you using ?

Don
Old 07-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Registered

Don:
The drives are a 1:36 gear ratio and turning a 32 pitch Bravo1 4 blade. It rolls over out of the hole shot not too bad but the problem I feel is getting alot of transom lift and feels like it will not carry the bow. So that is why I felt that I needed to go down by adding a 1" spacer to get the drives deeper in the water.
Thanks!
Kyle
Old 07-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Registered

Are the x dimension on new boats still the same as old x dimension?? My boat is a '98.

The nose cone on the bravo drives hung down 1" below the hull.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Registered

The new boats have all had extension boxes on them.. and are almost 2" above the bottom of the boat... The 1" below that your boat was set up with originally works very well and is what we based the new x up on with the extension boxes...
Don
Old 07-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Registered

I would think you either need to add a spacer or extension box to your setup for optimum results... the extension boxes have proved to be very beneficial.

Don
Old 07-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Registered

Don:

Appreciate all the help. I will get back with you. Possibly I have my motors sold so I will not worry right now about the drives until I get the new motors built. One last question for now though, what type of extension box does AO use??

Thanks again for your help!

Kyle
Old 07-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Registered

They have been using the IMCO extension boxes.. but there is nothing wrong with the boxes from Stellings... With the stellings it uses a stub shaft between the drive input shaft and the engine with a u joint.. allowing for some movement of the drive upward without moving the engine up also..With this you could move your x up an additional 1-2"s without changing the engine height. I don't know how well this would work with higher hp engines running the drive shaft at an angle, but they do it..... The imco i think is easier to use but it uses a 12" longer drive shaft to reach the additional set back to the drive.. which has to be straight and aligned just like a stock setup that box is available straight or with a 3" higher setup with a 3" higher mount on the inner transom plate, allowing the hole in the transom to stay the same but the front engine mounts must be moved to keep the drive shaft in line.
Don

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.